Director, People Operations & Title IX
THIS POSITION IS BEING OFFERED BY A VERY NEW, NOT-FOR-PROFIT GRADUATE SCHOOL OF NATIONAL SECURITY AND INTELLIGENCE. We are looking for experienced candidates who will demonstrate initiative, creativity, strong character, and exceptional leadership skills. Ideal candidates will support the school’s staff in an exemplary way, treating all employees with the highest levels of respect. The selected candidate for this position will be responsible for creating policies, processes and standard operating procedures and will be responsible for training and supervising support staff and/or student employees.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
The Director, People Operations & Title IX is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining the Human Resources program and Title IX functions at the Daniel Morgan Graduate School of National Security (DMGS). The Director will oversee, administer and communicate the entire range of human resources services and functions for the institution. The Director will also implement and administer the Title IX program, ensuring the integration of student, faculty and staff jurisprudence and accommodation respectfully and confidentially.
- Oversee all employee personnel management functions from recruiting, hiring, training, intervention and departure including employee communications;
- Administer, lead, organize and coordinate all aspects of employee benefit and compensation programs to retain and recruit well qualified personnel;
- Play an active role in employee relations, performance management and organizational design and development;
- Serve as coordinator of the school’s Title IX program, providing employee training as necessary, and working in tandem with the Director of Student Services and other constituencies in overseeing the prompt investigation of complaints and reviews of findings and proposed remedies;
- Prepare and maintain a wide range of policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure the institution's compliance with state and federal regulations, internal handbooks and any related agreements;
- Develop and manage corresponding budgets for HR functions and the Title IX program; and,
- Serve on the DMGS senior leadership team and provide best practice consultation in developing, implementing and maintaining a respectful and professional culture for all employees in support of the higher education mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters’ Degree preferred;
- Professional HR certification required;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in HR, with hands on experience in program and process development and at least 2 years of management experience;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in higher education; and,
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret federal higher education laws and in-depth knowledge of Title IX and associated regulations. Experience applying these regulations with college students preferred, as well as ATIXA or other appropriate certification.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a current resume or CV, appropriate cover letter, and the names of three professional references with current contact information to Paul Mavrikes (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Candice Martin (candice.martin@CLAconnect.com).