Admissions Coordinator (FT)
Admissions Coordinator (FT)
Wilmington University, located in New Castle, Delaware is seeking a creative and forward-thinking strategist to serve in the role of Admissions Coordinator. This customer service focused position will report to the Assistant Director of Admissions Operations.
About Wilmington University:
Established in 1968, Wilmington University is a private, nonprofit, open-access university providing exceptional student service to more than 20,000 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral level students. Wilmington University attracts both adult and traditional age applicants seeking career-relevant academic degree programs, flexible scheduling, convenient classroom locations, and affordable tuition. The University provides traditional classroom learning locations in Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, and offers online learning and experiential credit options in a variety of academic areas.
The Opportunity: The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for executing and evaluating outreach plans to prospective students and applicants in an effort to convert prospective students and applicants to enrolled students. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Admissions team to ensure a seamless, customer service driven approach is taken for prospective students and applicants throughout the Admissions lifecycle. This individual will oversee staff and ensure that the group collaborates with Admissions staff to target specific applicants to provide tailored communications via text, phone and personal emails. The candidate will develop an ongoing comprehensive messaging strategy that is consistent, cohesive, and compelling in order to meet the University's initiatives of recruiting students, articulating Wilmington University's identity, uniqueness, and mission and leveraging the institution's brand.
Requirements: A bachelor's degree is required and master's degree preferred in marketing, business, or a related field. The incumbent must have a minimum of 3 years' experience working within customer service, marketing, sales, or related field. The incumbent should have a minimum of 3 years' experience managing a team of employees to execute goals. Must have excellent communication, customer-service skills, and organization skills. Must be detail-oriented and able to make decisions independently, as well as work successfully in a team environment. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products. Must be able to demonstrate experience utilizing a customer relationship management system (i.e. Ellucian's Recruit, Salesforce etc.). Knowledge of Student Information Systems or ERP is required; experience with Banner is preferred. The ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in any situation is a must.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Provide professional, responsive, and seamless assistance to all prospective students and applicants who inquire or who are contacted through outreach activities.
• Coordinate and execute admissions outreach campaigns, including incoming/outgoing phone calls, two-way text, email, and chat. Follow-up on all leads and answer questions using an established process.
• Oversee execution of outreach plans which includes (but is not limited to) distributing segmented lists based on specific determined criteria, creating call scripts and generating lists for other campaigns with the overall goal to guide inquiries and applicants through the admissions process and increase conversion rates.
• Meet monthly/weekly goals and share progress with team. Take direction from the Assistant Directors of Admissions who have developed strategies and segments which this person will be responsible for executing and reporting on outcomes.
• Utilize Recruit CRM to record prospective student data and feedback collected from all phone calls, text and chat sessions, and email correspondence.
• Create and maintain reports summarizing outcomes of all weekly outreach efforts, sources, and follow-up customer service tasks assigned in Recruit.
• Collaborate with Academic Affairs, site staff, and student-service departments to determine select populations of prospective students that require additional outreach efforts.
• Implement effective communication outreach strategies with international prospective and current students. Work closely with the Admissions leadership, the Admissions Communication Specialist, and the International Affairs Department to clearly define targeted populations and to build content for outreach and service communications.
• Must have knowledge of communication methods and messages that are most effective with specific populations.
• Provide ongoing training for outreach staff to ensure team members remain current with the University's brand and marketing plans. This includes providing additional customer service training to forward-facing Admissions staff to ensure a helpful, consistent, and professional service experience for prospective students.
• Assist the Director of Admissions in ensuring continuous improvement of the admissions process based on applicant experience and feedback.
• Provide quality assurance checks and escalate any heightened applicant concerns to the Assistant Director.
• Perform other duties which may be assigned by the Assistant Director of Admissions and/or the Director of Admissions.
Hours of Employment: Monday – Friday. Hours may include 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; or, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. (Evening hours will extend to 9:00 pm and will be required on a regular basis). The incumbent must be flexible enough with their hours and/or schedule to meet the needs of the department and/or the University.
Benefits: Wilmington University offers an excellent benefit package that includes Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan (403b), Dependent Care Assistance, Life & Disability Insurances and Education benefits.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: June 12, 2017
Click Here To Apply
Wilmington University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff to all postings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
The security of all members of the campus community is of vital concern to Wilmington University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report contains information for all Wilmington University sites regarding campus security programs, recommended personal safety practices, the authority of University Public safety Officers, campus disciplinary procedures, and campus crime statistics for the most recent three year period can be found online at http://www.wilmu.edu/security/2015-2016-annual-security-report.pdf or a hard copy may be requested from the Wilmington University Department of University Safety at (302) 325-3333.