Retail - Sales Manager Cosmetics
Were you born with the desire to help people achieve their best look through the latest makeup and beauty products and trends?
A leading cosmetics brand is seeking an enthusiastic and accomplished Retail Sales Manager to establish and manage their flagship beauty store in the Roosevelt Field Mall, Garden City, NY, from May - end of December, 2015.
As Sales Manager, you will engage consumers with a highly personalized, one-on-one approach that creates a deep connection with the brand through on-site beauty applications.
This position provides training at the brand's state-of-the-art Makeup Center where you will learn about the scientifically advanced formulas, revolutionary textures and up-to-the-minute, trendsetting shades that this brand produces, along with POS and customer tracking software.
The ideal candidate must be energetic, passionate about the latest beauty trends creative, organized, detail oriented, and knowledgeable about the beauty and cosmetics industry. Candidate should possess a proactive attitude to do whatever it takes to accomplish getting the standalone store established and meeting sales goals.
Applicants should have 1- 3 years retail experience with a proven ability to sell. Must meet all qualifications below to apply.
The primary responsibilities include customer service and sales, achieved through exceptional communication skills. This role will require you to helping consumers bring trends from the catwalk to the sidewalk, empowering them to make a statement, explore new looks, and flaunt their own creativity and individuality.
- Activate and oversee retail operations from start to finish, including setup and inventory control
- Ability to engage mall guests and initiate conversations by asking open-ended questions to learn their preferences/needs and make recommendations on complementary products based on this information
- Able to serve multiple customers at one time, while maintaining composure during busy or peak selling times
- Motivate and develop new beauty advisors on company policies and procedures, product knowledge and personal/department productivity goals
- Share technique and product knowledge with customers through actual application
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers and returns through delegation to self and staff
- Review and analyze business performance of daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal sales results
- Contribute to and manage stores overall sales goals and meet/exceed personal goals
- Develop staff schedules
- Consistently stay on top of trends and product knowledge and reinforce proper usage techniques, acting as go-to expert for the customer
- Deliver key brand messaging/product use and application to target demographic
- Maintain inventory of all products, keep store fully stocked with merchandise, maintain overall cleanliness
- Courteously handle sales, refunds and exchanges. Ensure that the correct price, tax and/or discount are applied correctly to each sale
- Ensure all resets and planograms are executed as directed
- In between serving guests, ensure the store is replenished throughout the day and all product displays meet company standards
- Physical Demands - this position involves regular walking, standing. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching and lifting boxes up to 30 lbs.
- Perform other customer-facing duties as needed
- This is a salaried position with the potential for performance-based bonuses
- Associates degree, 1 - 3 year relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- Previous sales management, customer service and/or retail experience necessary
- Background experience in beauty product industry
- Proven ability to sell
- Ability to effectively manage staff and operations
- Strong aptitude for spelling and grammar
- Effective prioritizing and time management skills
- Capable of learning and implementing merchandising software and processes
- Ability to build strong customer relationships to both drive sales and develop repeat clientele
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ensure safety and shortage prevention initiatives are executed
- Capable of taking direction and initiative in reporting to management
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and sales events, based on company needs
To be considered for this position, please submit resume and cover letter telling us why you are a great fit for this position.
Dynamic Marketing Firm determined to match customers and products in an ever changing marketplace. Our company strives to provide the best possible product for our customers and do it productively and uniquely.
We set ourselves above the rest in a marketplace flooded with top of the line imposters. We are the top of the line and we strive to prove it every day.
East Garden City, NY
Fri, 2 Jun 2017 13:44:12 PDT