Donor Relations Specialist (Temporary Casual Worker)
Donor Relations Specialist (Temporary Casual Worker)
Department: Donor Relations
Staff Full-Time Temporary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversight and Strategic Planning of Stewardship Programs
• Design, document, and implement a systematic and integrated donor relations program encompassing all media. Responsible for devising and using consistent, accurate, and appropriate information-sharing mechanisms for stewarding prospects and donors. Proactively support the stewardship responsibilities of University Relations units (development, strategic partnerships, and constituent relations) and directors of development from respective schools and athletics by assisting them in establishing and coordinating individualized stewardship plans for donors to their units. Develop collaborative working relationships with a wide variety of University personnel to implement the donor relations strategies and enlist their involvement in donor relations activities.
• Establish and manage tracking processes regarding acknowledgment, recognition, ongoing communication, and continued cultivation of past and current President's Club level donors to enhance their relationship with the university and increase the likelihood of continued financial support.
•Serve as a resource for academic unit directors of development to enhance their stewardship of school specific donors.
• Work collaboratively with University Relations units and directors of development from academic units to compose letters, compile appropriate invitation lists, and obtain donor awards and recognitions.
• Create and distribute stewardship reports for unrestricted funds (Alcalá Alumni Fund, Parents Fund, etc.) and other key funds (Founders Endowed Scholarship, Veterans Center, specific capital projects, etc.) on a regular basis, utilizing print, electronic, and social media.
• Create and distribute donor impact reports for individual donors to help show donors how their gifts are being used and how they help our students and the institution.
President's Club Stewardship
• Working with senior director, develop a plan for ongoing engagement with President's Club donors throughout the revolving annual giving cycle, from initial gift acceptance through renewal strategy nine months after gift receipt.
• Provide support for established President's Club donor recognition events, including event follow up.
• Work with campus directors of development to identify events of interest for members and invite appropriate members (based upon giving history) to attend.
•Manage a portfolio of President's Club leadership gift prospects including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
• Maintain records and coordinate donor-related activities when assigned and deemed necessary. Recommend and facilitate on- and off-campus publicity of major gifts and donors with Media Communications. Advise on and facilitate the recognition of donors in both print and web-based publications. Contribute donor and gift information for specific publications that showcase donor and philanthropic contributions to the university.
Annual Employee Giving Campaign
• Work with senior director and other university partners in the planning and implementation of the university's annual Employee Giving Campaign, particularly with University Events and Promotions team in planning donor celebration at the completion of annual campaign.
• Develop appropriate ongoing stewardship after campaign to engage employee donors throughout the year, including stewardship reporting on the impact of employee giving dollars for our students.
• Participate in other donor stewardship and communication activities as required.
• Responsible for keeping up to date with donor relations trends through research and professional development opportunities.
Other duties may be assigned by senior director that fall within the mission of the Office of Annual Giving and Stewardship and the University of San Diego.
Minimum and Preferred
• Bachelor's degree required.
•Five years' experience in development, personal solicitation and/or donor relations.
• Highly developed skills in staff leadership identification, recruitment, management, and analysis.
• Prior annual giving, direct marketing, or advertising experience is preferred.
• Ability to communicate articulately.
• Demonstrated strong verbal, written, presentation, and organizational skills.
• Effective strategic thinking, creative problem-solving, attention to detail, and the ability to identify key issues proactively and to formulate recommendations for change or improvement.
• Ability to work with various internal and external publics and to represent the university in a positive, informed, and persuasive manner.
• Social media and/or web communication experience helpful.
• Friendly and personable; mature, positive attitude; a team player.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to work with donors one-on-one for solicitation and stewardship purposes.
• Knowledge of fundraising and ability to secure gifts.
• Knowledge of online communication to increase contacts with alumni and others.
• Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
• Understanding the role of technology in annual fundraising and exhibiting the ability to effectively utilize sophisticated constituent relations software.
• Ability to produce and utilize statistical data for evaluation.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of an overall team committed to the ideals of USD, higher education, and university advancement.
•Demonstrated excellence in setting priorities and working independently with minimal supervision under heavy workload, frequent interruptions, distractions, and deadlines.
•Ability to supervise staff and to recruit, train, manage, and motivate volunteers to achieve donor relations goals.
•Critical thinking skills and creativity necessary.
• Skill in investigating, analyzing, and solving problems.
• Experience in coordinating several projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and service providers.
• Ability to attend night or weekend meetings and events.
•Some travel may be required.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: $29.00 per hour.
This is a full-time, temporary, benefit-based position with an anticipated start date of July 17, 2017 and assignment end date of June 30, 2018. There is potential for transition to a regular position in the future.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 40 per week
Closing date: June 19, 2017
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, you are strongly recommended to upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review.If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org