Nursing Assistant (Certified)
Nursing Assistant (Certified)-1701726
Position SummaryAt the Long Island State Veterans Home, our Certified Nursing Assistants are valuable members of our team, who provide high quality and compassionate care to our residents, with the highest degree of integrity and respect. Under the supervision of a RN/LPN, Certified Nursing Assistants have frequent interactions with the residents for the purpose of providing activities of daily living.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, knowledge and understanding of resident care and effectively respond to the needs of our residents by making decisions based on ethical principles and by adhering to our Mission, Vision and Values.Description of duties of a Certified Nursing Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Attend to daily living activities, personal, hygienic, and simple human needs in order to maintain in the clinical facility an atmosphere conducive to treatment and comfortable for residents in care.
- As directed by professional staff, moves, positions, lifts and transports residnets in care using a variety of lifts and other aids in order to make them more comfortable, to prepare them for treatment and to deliver them to appropriate treatment facilities.
- Talk and listen to residents in care and respond by encouraging them to cooperate and participate in treatment activities in order to help them achieve attitudes conducive to treatment and rehabilitation.
- Transport resident and supplies on occasion.
- Maintain residents in-care rights, dignity, and confidentiality.
- On occasion and in conjunction with providing care, may perform a variety of housekeeping and cleaning duties as related to direct care in order to assure that the clinical facility is clean, sanitary, orderly, and properly supplied.
- Participate in required quarterly in-service education to maintain certification and meet all necessary requirements to be re-certified every two years.
Working Conditions:Working conditions may involve exposure to infectious disease, blood, body fluids and/or tissue as well as other unpleasant elements such as accidents, injuries and illness. May be exposed to and be required to handle varying unpredictable, emergency and crisis situations. Occasionally subjected to irregular hours and pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries.
Required Qualifications: NYS Nurse Aide Certification. Must have excellent computer skills. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: One year of long term care experience. One year of health care experience. Special Notes: The Long Island State Veterans Home is a tobacco free environment. Tobacco is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from the Long Island State Veterans Home Employee Health Department, clear a background investigation, submit three (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer. The Long Island State Veterans Home, located on the campus of Stony Brook University, is a 350-bed skilled nursing facility with a 40-slot Adult Day Health Care Program dedicated to the care of honorably discharged Veterans of the United States Armed Forces, their spouses and Gold Star parents. Join an organization whose people make a difference every day and where commitment, compassion, initiative and leadership are recognized and rewarded. We care for America's heroes every day. Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING(631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Nursing Assistant (Certified)
Job Field: Nursing
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Nursing-Long Island State Veterans Home
Schedule: Part-time Day Shift 7:00 AM - 3:30 PMNursing-Long Island State Veterans Home
Posting Start Date: Jun 6, 2017
Posting End Date: Jun 20, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: As per Civil Service guidelines
Salary Grade: SG8