Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: Controller's Office
Position Status: Administrative Non-Exempt Positions
Participate in the monitoring and maintenance of all capital asset accounting records and reporting for the University. Participate in maintaining the Banner fixed asset system and aid in the coordination with other departments for project monitoring and close-outs. Prepare reconciliations for cash accounts and various balance sheet accounts. Participate in the external audit, year-end close and preparation of financial statements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in the coordination with Facilities for capital project monitoring and close-outs.
• Work with Property Management for tagging and inventory of moveable equipment.
• Reconcile cash accounts, including the operating account
• Prepare monthly and quarterly analysis and reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts including accounts payable, payroll accounts.
• Assist in the preparation of audit schedules and assist with year-end close, financial statement preparation and external audit.
• Complete federal, state and local property surveys.
• Complete information required to process 1042’s (W8 BENS)
• Participate in the accounting of PCards, including audits
• Prepare journal entries/Fuploads
• Other duties as assigned
• 1 to 2 years of accounting experience preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Flexibility and willingness to adapt to change; good communication skills
• Willingness to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
Posting Date: 06/06/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Entry level position
- Hiring Range: $17.25-$18.54
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability. We are looking for individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/4580
WPI, the nation's third oldest private technological university, established in 1865 by New England industrialists John Boynton and Ichabod Washburn consists of 80 acres set in a safe, residential section of Worcester, Massachusetts—the second largest city in New England—home to 13 colleges, and situated 40 miles west of Boston.