Medical Laboratory Technologist
Job Title:Medical Laboratory Technologist
Area of Interest:Healthcare
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree of an accredited Medical Technology program and/or Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in a chemical, physical, biological or Clinical Laboratory Science with Certification from a recognized national certifying organization (A.S.C.P. Preferred)
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and theoretical knowledge sufficient to perform laboratory functions assigned.
- Qualified as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist and has a minimum of 6 years of laboratory experience
- Capable of working in a team-oriented fast paced environment
- Ability to provide laboratory testing and other screenings as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively and successfully through written and oral means
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to educate participants on products and services
- Willingness to thrive in a fast-paced setting
- Capable of creating and supporting a team-oriented, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have a valid driver's license
At Life Line Screening, our mission is to make people aware of unrecognized health problems and encourage them to seek follow-up care with their personal physician. We are the leading provider of community-based preventive health screenings in the United States. Utilizing advanced ultrasound and laboratory testing equipment, our screenings, are performed by highly trained, customer-focused, healthcare professionals. Results are reviewed by board-certified physicians to ensure the highest standards. Since our inception in 1993, we have screened over 8 million people, and currently screen over 1 million people each year at over 15,000 screening events nationwide. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality preventive screenings at affordable rates and in compliance with state regulatory agencies for the provision of quality testing.
As an essential and dynamic member of both Life Line Screening's Clinical and Field teams, the Medical Technologist has primary responsibility for overseeing the coordination and application of the detailed processes surrounding all laboratory tests and practical implementation on a field level. This newly created position will work cross-functionally with a CAP Certified Pathologist, Laboratory Manager, and Director of Clinical Operations to implement performance improvement activities, regulatory compliance guidelines, and point of care program development. The Medical Technologist has the exclusive opportunity of working in a "hands on" environment with our mobile teams, providing the ultimate customer experience for our participants, as well as working behind the scenes, serving as the general supervisor for all team laboratory operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, train and manage all aspects of laboratory tests related to our protocols and quality control.
- Serves as regulatory liaison with local, state & federal agencies, communicating directly with agency personnel. Participates in the evaluation of laboratory industry best practices for laboratory testing compliance and quality assurance to develop metrics that drive improvement.
- Contribute to the development of QC/QA, instrument calibration programs, and evaluation. Manage the program to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies
- Maintains cleanliness of assigned instrumentation and/or equipment. Completes and maintains preventative maintenance and troubleshooting records. Participates in, and may be delegated responsibility for, decisions involving the quality control programs, continuing quality improvement programs (quality assurance), instrument and methodology selection, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, safety procedures, purchase of laboratory supplies, inventory control, test selection/utilization, computer/statistical data and database functions.
- Investigates problem areas and recommends improvements.
- May function in an educator or consultant capacity. Provides instruction and training in theory, technical skills, safety protocols, and the application of laboratory test protocols.
- As part of a cross functional team, ability to learn and perform ABI, Osteoporosis Risk Assessment, Atrial Fibrillation and laboratory test screenings in accordance with the company's protocols and in a proficient and timely manner
- Flexibilityto work outside of normal business hours including 1-4 hours paid travel time in ateam van.Some Saturday work as well as 2 or 3 overnight trips per month (No on call, Sunday's, or Holiday's)
- Unload and load screening equipment from the van as a team
- Set up and breakdown of screening event and registration area
- Manage the registration process of participants and the flow of the screening event. This includes educating and recommending medically appropriate screenings for individual participants
- Eager to work in a fast pace work environment where a passion for helping others, as well as accuracy performing tests, are held at the highest of standards
- Responsible for scheduling of team members as well as ordering and updating inventory and supplies as needed
- Willingness to perform other duties and projects that are requested by Management
- Assist with driving the company vehicle to and from the assigned screening sites upon approval
At Life Line Screening, our mission is to make people aware of unrecognized health problems and encourage them to seek follow-up care with their personal physician. We are the leading provider of community-based preventive health screenings in the United States. We use advanced ultrasound equipment (the same as the equipment found in hospitals) and highly trained healthcare professionals perform our screenings. Board-certified physicians review each result to ensure the highest standards.
Since our inception in 1993, we have screened nearly eight million people, and currently screen nearly one million people each year at over 16,000 screening events nationwide. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality preventive screenings at affordable rates.
Tue, 6 Jun 2017 13:45:16 PDT