Fashion Institute of Technology - Senior Project Manager - Enterprise Applications
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for a Senior Project manager in the Enterprise Applications Department.
Purpose of Job:
Responsible for the management and control of key IT/Enterprise projects in support of the FIT user community with the primary objective of ensuring satisfactory and successful outcome. Provides the leadership, engages with the customer and manages customer expectations throughout the project lifecycle, from project origination to the project closure. Manages the financial goals, delivers the project management program, and matures project management in the development of the methodology, strategy and decision-making process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with FIT Project Sponsor to understand, assess and document project and /or business requirements and recommend suitable IT components. Be the primary Liaison between IT and several FIT business departments to understand their business and educational needs and to recommend how emerging technologies can support the department's goals.
- Coordinate with the Project Portfolio Office on scoring and prioritizing projects and notify Project Sponsor of the results.
- Collaborate closely with IT managers to ensure that the scope and objective of each project is clearly defined and is achievable within the capabilities of internal resources.
- Lead the project team to complete project deliverables by defining success criteria and managing the operational and tactical aspects of the project
- Manage vendor relationships and streamline the process for heightened efficiencies to ensure that agreements made are mutually beneficial for both FIT and vendor
- Direct a Project Change Management structure that includes Information Technology management and FIT Project Sponsors to ensure that project change requests are properly defined, documented and approved
- Develop and execute an efficient communication plan, serve as key participant in team and client meetings and conduct regularly scheduled status meetings to update the customer and senior leadership on the project health
- Establish a quality management plan, perform quality assurance and assess the performance of quality activities to ensure the successful execution of project engagements
- Develop a risk management plan and manage project risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle through decision-making on risk mitigation strategies
- Manage project transition to the Help Desk/Support model by ensuring that all FAQs and Maintenance /Operational documents are written and delivered.
- Conduct lessons learned meetings and perform formal project acceptance from the FIT Project Sponsor, build and implement the best practices for project performance
- Manage the development of the project teams by mentoring, coaching, supervising and motivating Junior Project Managers and Project Associates
Leadership: Demonstrated ability to articulate project goals and to motivate a diverse project team to achieve them.
Decision Making: Demonstrated ability to make decisions and take action on matters affecting project objectives. Guides project staff in learning and applying useful decision-making approaches. Participates in IT strategy development.
Critical Thinking & Problem-Solving: Accurately identifies, develops and and initiates innovations and solutions in a timely manner to enhance performance. Analyzes decisions and actions to solve problems and implement changes.
Financial Analysis: Develop and administer the project budget. Meet the financial objectives by forecasting requirements, analyzing cost variances and initiating corrective actions in managing the financial performance of the project
Communication Effectiveness: Demonstrates superior interpersonal skills, conflict resolution and negotiating skills. Ensures open communication across project teams
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related work experience preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering.
- Proven 5 or more years working experience in project management in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software and hardware development in a complex environment
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and observation skills
- Excellent planning and organization ability
- Solid Organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking ability.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
35 hour workweek
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter
* A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com