Network Security Engineer
Wirestorm's elite technology operatives tackle serious challenges that impact the bottom line of organizations. Our worldwide specialists are battle-tested in business intelligence, big data, enterprise mobility applications, cloud computing, application development and technical staffing. Our experience and expertise has helped multiple industries, from government to entertainment, surpass their own goals. Our clients include Microsoft, Corbis, OncoGenex, Providence Hospital, Schneider Electric and other global and Fortune 500 Companies.
At Wirestorm, we are uniquely positioned because of our size, expertise and philosophy.
As a boutique service provider, we are fast, agile and intensely focused on delivering outstanding customer care, while our technical team is broadly experienced at providing insightful, organization-wide solutions to address your bottom-line goals.
Network Security Engineer
The Network Security Engineer is responsible for providing network and systems engineering expertise to support a wide variety of business and technology needs across our clients businesses. The engineer works closely with the IT team to design, secure, manage and maintain the company's networks and systems.
• Design, implement and maintain LAN/WAN devices and connections at local and remote locations
• Maintain and manage network and server monitoring and alerting systems
• Develop and maintain network design and support policies and documentation.
• Perform site surveys and assess network and security requirements of the company's offices and data centers
• Provide operational support to the IT teams as needed for projects, changes, outages, etc.
• Perform incident management and response activities as a member of the incident response team. As required, assist in triage, response and mitigation, post mortem analyses, and forensic analyses.
• Work with business units and Information Security staff to identify security requirements, using methods that may include risk and business impact assessments.
• Assist the Information Security staff with security testing and vulnerability assessments to identify security strengths and weaknesses, to assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and to recommend remedial action.
• 3-5 years of experience in network engineering and support.
• Strong knowledge in of all core internet protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, etc)
• Solid understanding of network security concepts and practices.
• Knowledge and experience working with the following network products and technologies:
o Products: Cisco routers/switches, Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco wireless APs and WLCs, Experience with load balancers and taps and bypass technologies is preferred as well.
o Protocols: TCP/IP, HSRP/VRRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, MPLS, Multicast, QoS, WCCP, and IPSEC
o Other: Certificate Management, DMVPN, IPS/IDS, Snort, Splunk
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and Linux operating systems.
• Solid understanding of VPN concepts and experience with GRE, IPSEC and other VPN technologies
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments
• Strong customer service and problem solving skills are required. Candidate must be able to listen to concerns and resolve reported issues promptly and effectively.
We are an international team of elite technology operatives who craft beautiful interactions between people and the technical world. Our solutions team is responsible for fielding, developing, managing and maintaining effective client relationships, and developing web tools and apps for huge audiences. Wirestorm generates an atmosphere of shared innovation and support, where we continually up-level our skills, break new ground, and highlight and learn from each others outstanding work. Come work with a fun company that offers amazing benefits, flexible work schedules, great team synergy, and a wide-open future.
Los Angeles, CA
Tue, 6 Jun 2017 08:58:53 PDT