Senior Unix Administrator
The Senior UNIX Administrator is responsible for the support and maintenance of j2's production application infrastructure worldwide, including data center, co-lo, and cloud deployments.
The focus of this position will be on the Unix and storage infrastructure geared towards automation via Puppet. Additionally a focus on SIP management including call routing, provisioning and troubleshooting will be significant responsibility of this role.
- Provide support for public, internal, and hybrid cloud infrastructures (AWS, OpenStack, OpenNebula, etc.).
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot 800+ UNIX/FreeBSD/Linux systems in a multi-platform environment.
- Provide expert support for SIP/telephony application infrastructure: Asterisk, FreeSwitch/OpenSIPS, HMP APIs, etc.
- Manage and participate in projects as assigned. Prepare budgets and project schedules. Work with team members across the company to deliver project goals. Coordinate vendor activities on assigned tasks and projects.
- Support all storage systems with a focus on Netapp, EMC (NAS, SAN) and ZFS clustered file systems.
- Support for email and DNS applications and systems: Postfix, Sendmail, PowerMTA, BIND, PowerDNS, djbdns.
- Lead and participate on project teams on tasks and activities within the supported environments.
- Develop, implement, and maintain scripting tools and applications in shell scripting, Perl, Python, PHP, or other scripting languages.
- Support Open Source as well as proprietary applications. Evaluate new hardware/software and services.
- Manage system capacity and performance, verify application logs and monitor activity on all servers.
- Coordinate maintenance, replacement and repair of servers and storage systems,
- Research new technologies and present recommendations and justifications on hardware and software purchases.
- Evaluate new hardware/software and services.
- Develop standards (e.g. naming conventions, system configuration, methods and practices, etc.) for server assets.
- Promote teamwork within the team and foster cooperation with other groups and departments.
- Resolve assigned trouble tickets and maintain accurate status in the j2 ticketing system (jAMS)
- Prepare SLA's, policies, escalation and maintenance procedures for servers and related peripherals.
- Prepare project documentation, status reporting, policies, procedures and reports assigned by management.
- Demonstrate initiation and dedication as well as an ability to work independently once general direction is given.
- Communicate information through effective written and oral communication and presentations.
- Prepare and manage project budgets. This includes expense as well as capital budget items.
- Participate in change control and production control processes.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- 10+ years hands-on UNIX/Linux system administration experience in a distributed environment. Experience with virtualization (OpenVZ, KVM/Xen, oVirt) is required.
- 8+ years experience designing and implementing projects including high availability servers, large scale MTA/IMAP/POP3 mail services, DNS services etc.
- 6+ years' experience with Linux-based telephony applications: HMP, Asterisk, SIP, VoIP/FoIP, OpenSIPS, Freeswitch strong plusses.
- 6+ years' experience with BSD or Linux-based firewalls, proxies, load-balancers, and tools to troubleshoot and maintain them.
- 5+ years experience with designing and implementing large, multi-site NAS and SAN services (NetApp, EMC and Brocade a big plus)
j2 Cloud Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About j2 Cloud Services:
Founded in 1995, j2 Cloud Services (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2017 12:19:22 PDT