Logistics Supervisor - 2nd Shift / Temecula
- Ability to administer transportation logistics while monitoring demands and activity on a consistent and ongoing basis.
- Responsible for tracking and tracing loads, scheduled for pick-up and those with delivery status.
- Effectively coordinating and maximizing efficient shipping activities.
- Communicate proactively with customers and team members in such a manner to avoid inefficiencies and anticipate potential concerns.
- Interact with management to identify new opportunities in logistics.
- Keep track of delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Supervise, coach, and train warehouse workforce.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Comply with laws, regulations and requirements.
- Work to control the costs and special deliveries.
- Provide input regarding needs as they relate to distribution and service.
- Extended work hours and weekend hours may be required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience as a logistics coordinator directing a shipping driver workforce preferred.
- Minimum 2 years college level education or equivalent experience.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft suite programs and Oracle.
- Effective planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Data driven logistics decision-making ability utilizing effective project planning and scheduling skills.
- Detailed oriented with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- 30 pound weight limit
Founded by the Channell family in 1922, Channell Commercial is a global designer and manufacturer of equipment supplied to telephone companies and cable television network operators. Major product lines include a complete line of thermoplastic and metal fabricated enclosures, advanced copper termination and connection products, fiber optic cable management systems and heat shrink products. Channell Commercial resides in Temecula, California and is expanding manufacturing operations in Rockwall Texas.
Tue, 6 Jun 2017 15:14:21 PDT