Campus Provost - WVU Beckley
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses, is seeking an innovative, strategic and dynamic leader for the Campus Provost position at the new WVU Beckley campus. This position will report to the campus President.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Provide visionary leadership for all academic-related affairs at a recently relocated institution with a long, distinguished history.
- Serve as the senior official in the absence of the Campus President.
- Work with the Deans to provide rigor and relevance in residential and online academic programs.
- Assist faculty in the implementation of innovative teaching methodologies.
- Support and foster research and outreach.
- Lead faculty development and evaluation.
- Achieve and maintain program and institution-level accreditations.
- Develop program assessment tools.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the main WVU campus in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Founded in 1895, WVU Tech has a rich history of academic excellence. WVU Tech consists of two academic colleges: the College of Business, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and Sciences. WVU Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and offers more than 40 academic programs, including 9 ABET-accredited engineering programs. WVU Tech is ranked in the top 100 engineering programs according to U.S. News and World Report, and is ranked number one in the state and number seven in the nation for student return on investment on the 2017 Payscale College Return on Investment Report. WVU Tech is known for its cooperative education opportunities and for preparing talented individuals as industry leaders. Our attractive student-to-faculty ratio of 12:1 provides students with personalized attention in a supportive environment. There are approximately more than 20 countries and 30 states represented by the student population and a majority of the student body is first-generation and/or considered low-income. WVU Tech, as a member of the WVU system, is passionate about fulfilling the land-grant mission of the University.
- PhD required
- Eight (8) years of academic record in teaching, research and service, with emphasis on four-year programs
- Four (4) years of demonstrated leadership experience that will enable the candidate to provide exceptional academic institutional leadership, and to excel in the evaluation and retention of employees, acquisition of resources through grants, contracts and philanthropy, institutional planning and accreditation, and advocacy for diversity of students, faculty and academic programs
- Ability to nurture, lead and inspire a committed effort for the growth and development of a four-year institution of higher education
- Background check
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on July 1, 2017 and interviews will occur in the Fall of 2017.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
: Jun 6, 2017
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes