Assistant Director, Residential Education
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Center for Student Engagement (CSE) aims to enhance all aspects of the student experience at GW, including on-campus living, fraternity and sorority life, leadership development, student organizations, outdoor adventure, off-campus and graduate students, as well as subpopulations such as first-generation or international students. Our CSE team is committed to leadership, community, advising and our own departmental excellence. We strive to serve not only our students, but also each other as colleagues.
The CSE seeks an Assistant Director, responsible for planning, direction and implementation of a learning-outcomes and year-based model of services and activities within the Center for Student Engagement. Learning outcomes have been identified in the following areas: Diversity, Leadership, Community, Service and Civility. Reporting to Assistant Dean, Residential Engagement, the Assistant Director directly supervises two Area Coordinators and indirectly supervises graduate fellows.
• Works in conjunction with the Assistant Dean with respect to the development and implementation of Selection, Training, Evaluation of Residential Engagement full time staff, graduate fellows, and student leaders; and the implementation of integrated Living Learning programs in the residence halls including Faculty in Residence, Faculty Guides, Academic Residential Communities and Affinity Programming.
• Coordinates a comprehensive strategy to evaluate the development of staff, student leaders, and faculty engagement in the residence halls.
• Advises student organizations through the Center for Student Engagement. Including advising RHA.
• Responsible for the direct supervision of two Area Coordinators.
• Conducts administrative functions including budget preparation and tracking, statistical reporting, and records maintenance.
• Performs other duties as assigned, in support of the overall work of the Center for Student Engagement. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 6 years of relevant professional experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in higher education administration, counseling or related field.
- Progressively responsible higher education administration experience to include full-time experience within a student affairs department.
- Previous experience in conducting and coordinating student or staff training programs
- Previous experience in Living Learning Programs and Faculty Engagement programs
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers and the use of database software.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Division of Student Affairs Family Student Affairs Sub-Family Student Programs Stream Management Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Nights, weekends and on-call duties possible. Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, Credit Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006214 Job Open Date: 06/06/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter