Academic Affairs Coordinator - Arts & Sciences
The Chemistry Department in the Eberly College of Arts & Sciences at West Virginia University is seeking applications for an Academic Affairs Coordinator. This position is responsible for coordinating with the Department Chair and relevant faculty committees on management of undergraduate students with the department.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Administer established procedures and develop new procedures to increase the effectiveness of the graduate, undergraduate and alumni functions.
- Construct course schedules for fall, spring and summer terms using the BANNER system.
- Collect and/or analyze data to support recommendations pertaining to the establishment and revision of academic programs.
- Assist graduate teaching assistants for the fall, spring and summer terms.
- Assist with Summer New Student Orientation in June.
- Advise current and prospective chemistry majors on admissions criteria, application processes, major mapping, university catalog requirements, prerequisites and co-prerequisite curriculum requirements.
- Coordinate recruitment, planning, evaluation, implementation, and routine and special reporting for the undergraduate program within the department.
- Manage technical aspects of undergraduate curriculum.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of undergraduate academic files and support graduate student retention.
- Communicate with prospective graduate students and provide academic guidance and counseling.
- Perform other duties pertaining to undergraduate student affairs as assigned by the Chair.
- Master's degree is required, preferably in a STEM field
- Two (2) years of experience with advising and management in higher education (STEM field preferred)
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to learn the intricacies of STEM education
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment
- Background check
- Resume and cover letter
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer athttp://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Job Posting : May 31, 2017 Posting Classification: FE/AP Exemption Status: Exempt Benefits Eligible: Yes Schedule : Full-time