Chicano/Latino Studies Temporary Part-Time Lecturer(s) 2017-2018
Open June 5th, 2017 through October 31st, 2017
Department of Chicano/Latino Studies
University of California, Irvine
Temporary Part-Time Lecturer(s), 2017-2018
The Department of Chicano/Latino Studies is establishing a pool of qualified applicants to teach courses in Chicano/Latino Studies. Topics include: literature, arts, media, culture, history, society, labor, politics, law, gender, ethnicity, globalization, transnationalism, immigration, border issues, labor market participation, representation, and health outcomes in Chicano and Latino communities nationally and in Southern California.
Position(s) will be for the Winter 2018 and Spring 2018 quarters. The number of courses offered will depend on budget constraints and departmental needs. Candidates must possess an M.A., Ph.D., or other advanced degree and have research or teaching experience that can contribute to the quality of Chicano/Latino Studies course offerings through effective teaching in a culturally diverse classroom.
Salary Range: $5,400- $6,100
Requirements: Ph.D. Degree preferred, but we will consider Masters degree holders in the field of Chicano/Latino Studies, ethnic studies, or related disciplines.
Position Available: Winter 2018 quarter and Spring 2018 quarter
Application Procedures: Interested applicants should forward a letter of application, two letters of reference, teaching performance evidence, and a vita.
Please submit materials via UC Irvine's online application system, RECRUIT, located at
Application Deadline: October 31, 2017, or until filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://www.chicanolatinostudies.uci.edu/employment.php
- Cover Letter - Cover Letter / Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Teaching Performance Evidence 1 - Teaching Performance Evidence 1
- Teaching Performance Evidence 2 - Teaching Performance Evidence 2
- Teaching Performance Evidence 3 - Teaching Performance Evidence 3
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
2-3 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now