Management Engineer - Utilities and Energy Services, Facilities and Services (A1700342)
Systems and Controls /Utilities and Energy Services
Facilities & Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Facilities and Services at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for a Management Engineer. This position will be part of the system and controls group in Utilities and Energy Services. This group is responsible for maintaining reliable and effective temperature control and DDC systems for UIUC campus.
The position will provide technical expertise and direction to the System and Controls Crafts and Trade shops. Responsible for assisting in the management and ongoing development and implementation of the maintenance and project work flow for the group. Responsible for the development and management of the System and Controls projects, budgets and prioritization of shop resources.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervise and manage the daily functions of the System and Controls shops.
2. Provide Technical support for System and Controls shops.
3. Other related duties or projects as assigned by the Associate Director of Utilities and Energy Services - EMS.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years continuous working experience in the field of engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with crafts and trades personnel, with 2 years of that time in a University environment.
- Experience in the Siemens and Schneider Electric I/A BAS control systems.
- 5 years of experience in HVAC systems design and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Office 2013 Suite knowledge
- Microsoft Project
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
Preferred Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience in work management systems. Specifically Asset Works AiM software.
- Experience in managing crafts and trades work functions.
- Experience in maintaining work management KPI and goals.
- Demonstrated managerial skills to direct, supervise, and oversee engineering projects both large and small. Familiarity with and ability to function in a unionized, Civil Service environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership traits, through previous assignments, that include the desire to lead, vision with aggressive goals, concern and respect for the individual, integrity, credibility/dependability, accountability, loyalty and a willingness to work in a team environment
This is a full-time, benefits eligible Academic Professional Position. Anticipated start date is as soon as possible following the closing date. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Application Procedures: For full consideration, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, a copy of your college transcripts, and the names/contact information for three professional references by June 27, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however no hiring decision will be made until after that date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Anna Staneva at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities and Services
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Management Engineer - Utilities and Energy Services, Facilities and Services (A1700342)
Open Date: 06/06/2017
Close Date: 06/27/2017
Organization Name: EMS Controls