Master Maintenance Technician
Working Title: Master Maintenance Technician
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 06-06-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Master Maintenance Technician independently responds to all emergency calls in the Health System Complex and maintains all equipment to ensure proper operation during scheduled absence of primary work force. The incumbent is a Health System Physical Plant shift worker. Incumbent maintains all systems in an operational condition and provides a safe and comfortable environment.
Position description applies to personnel who only operate or maintain electrical lines or equipment less that 600 volts.
**This is a relief shift worker position. The incumbent would have a normal shift of 7:00am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday. Would provide backup for other shifts (Weekend days, nights or other) and would earn shift differential for those times.**
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of the maintenance trades with ability to troubleshoot plumbing, electrical, mechanical and other problems.
2. Ability to deal effectively with the public.
3. Ability to provide a wide range of maintenance services with little or no direct supervision.
4. Journeyman level competency in a minimum of 2 trades, 3 preferred.
5. Reading, writing, and verbal communication skills.
6. Ability to use computers and associated applications for time tracking and documentation of work.
7. Ability to work overtime which could include nights and weekends and the ability to respond on an emergency basis as needed.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82042