Clerk II (Support Services)
Clerk II (Support Services)-1700922
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
High School Diploma/GED. Two years of related full time clerical experience. Must have, keep and maintain the appropriate valid NYS Driver’s License; have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations (***Out-of-State Applicants, see "Special Notes”).
Associate's Degree or higher. Additional years of related clerical experience in a fast pace office environment. Previous experience processing purchasing orders. Experience working in a Higher Education/University setting. Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word. Experience with PeopleSoft.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Clerk will provide daily clerical support for the Property Control Department with special projects and daily data entering for received Purchase Order workflow. This will ensure the daily operation for the department mission and goal with providing customer services to end users and Procurement Accounts Payable. The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Route necessary paperwork on a daily basis for Research, State and Foundation Purchase Orders for shipments to be processed by staff and delivered to departments. Maintain department files to keep current and updated. Organizes and file PO’s on a daily basis for the State, SBF, Credit Card and RF orders. Pull the PO’s for the warehouse staff to process incoming shipments from all carriers.
- Answer phones to provide customer service and assist end users and trucking companies with problems and questions. Follow up with vendors and departments on damage, compromised, or short shipments. Provide secretarial support and screen calls for supervisor.
- Purge files for PO’s that may have bypassed Central Receiving and went direct to departments so we can follow up with end users. Create receipts daily on Wolfmart on all items received, for AP processing. Enter receiving on Wolfmart from desk top deliveries POD.
- Maintain and update data on system for PO’s received. Reviews documents for appropriate POD signatures, generate reports, purge files yearly and maintain filing system for received and incoming PO’s.
- Cross train to become more familiarize with Property Control functions. Assist Property Control with Central Receiving functions.
- Continued proficiency in the operating systems of Nolij, SUNY Web, People Soft and Oracle, in relation to Central Receiving and Property Control.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full time position. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at www.stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
***Out-of-State Applicants: Please note as a condition of employment and in order for this position to be tendered, the successful incumbent will be required to provide evidence of a valid license and driving abstract from the state issuing the license within five business days of a conditional offer and must obtain a NYS driver's license within 30 days of acceptance of offer.
About Stony Brook:
Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. SBU is a comprehensive research-intensive university and a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), which includes 34 public universities among its 62 members. SBU consists of 12 schools and colleges and a teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art healthcare in the Long Island region. SBU also manages and performs joint research with Brookhaven National Laboratory, the only Department of Energy Laboratory in the Northeast, and shares doctoral programs with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world-renowned molecular biology institute. Home to the Emerson String Quartet, the Jackson Pollack House in East Hampton, New York, the Humanities Institute, and the Southampton Arts Program, and with endeavors that extend to the Turkana Basin Institute in Kenya and the Ranomafana National Park in Madagascar, SBU sustains an international reputation that cuts across the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Clerk II
Job Field: Clerical/Secretarial
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Procurement - Property Control-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:00 am - 4:30 pmProcurement - Property Control-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Jun 6, 2017
Posting End Date: Jun 20, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: $28,000 - $32,000
Salary Grade: N5