Casual Hourly - Food Service Worker - Tiger Refreshment
Requisition # 2017-7618
Department Campus Dining
Category Food Services and Dining
Date Posted 2 months ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Temporary
Application Deadline 9/30/2017
Campus Dining is committed to the success of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors by nourishing them to be their healthy best while caring for the environment. If you are a chef by profession, love to mentor and teach, are a student at heart, and believe that community engagement happens around food, we'd love to hear from you! We welcome team members who share our passion for serving and caring for our community through exceptional dining experiences. In collaboration with our campus partners, we craft culinary programs that deliver unique memorable experiences. Campus Dining brings together expertise in culinary, wellness, sustainability, procurement and hospitality to develop innovative programs in support of our diverse community. Our award winning food program is based on scientific and evidence-based principles of healthy sustainable menus that are prepared by our culinary team with high-quality ingredients.
We invite you to be part of our dynamic culinary team, grow as an individual and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
In our Tiger Refreshments Concessions Operation, the selected candidate will provide customer service within the parameters of departmental standards with regard for speed of service and customer satisfaction. The successful candidates will be responsible for all levels of customer service. They will prepare food with consideration to the requirements of a standard menu with concern for quality, appeal, presentation, sanitation, safety, and cost. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining all concession locations and kitchens in a clean, safe and orderly fashion.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares food items for the menu in accordance with the established portion sizes, quality, and taste as designed.
- Prepares items as requested by customers.
- Operate cash register, POS terminal, or card and credit card reader accurately according to departmental procedures.
- Adheres to the policy of "clean as you go." Assists in the daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Maintains the storage areas, utilizing proper storage techniques, including a FIFO (first in/first out) policy for all foodstuffs.
- Is familiar with all food preparation procedures as assigned.
- Responsible for wrapping, serving and transporting various food items.
- Maintains and enforces the established energy conservation techniques and guidelines.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Department of Campus Dining and Princeton University.
- Performs duties related to the transport of food and equipment by properly established procedures.
- Performs other tasks as directed by University management.
- Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Flexibility with scheduling. Weekend work, late hours, extended hours and work outside unit required.
- Prior dependable work record.
- Stand or walk up to 2 hours at one time for a total of 6-8 hours per day.
- Sit for no more than 2 hours during an 8 hour day.
- Lift or carry up to 30 pounds frequently (34-66% of the workday).
- Lift or carry up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33% of the workday).
- Push or pull using forces up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33% of the workday).
- Frequently use hands for simple grasping, fine manipulation, pushing or pulling with forces up to 30 pounds (34-66% of the workday).
- Bend, squat, kneel, climb stairs, reach overhead, lift overhead occasionally (less than 33% of the work day).
- Lift up to 30 pounds in a range of motions from floor to overhead.
- Lift 50 pounds in a range of motions from floor to chest height.
- Work under a range of temperature conditions including outdoor work during all seasons.
- Possess physical agility, full range of motion, and ability to maintain balance.
- Experience Knowledge of New Jersey State Health Department rules and regulations.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to take direction and work in a team.
- Skilled with customer service and relations.
- Must have the ability to coordinate tasks to meet production deadlines.
- Must be flexible in handling multiple assignments and ability to work in multiple venues.
- Must be able to work rapidly and efficiently during rush periods.
- Must have knowledge of customer service standards.
- The final candidate will be required to complete a background check and post-offer pre-employment physical successfully.
- One year's experience as a food service worker or equivalent in culinary training (preferred, not required).
Be advised that you will only be contacted if there is further interest in your application. The candidate dashboard will not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Comments Related to End Date
This is an ON-CALL CASUAL (non benefit eligible) position.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University requires some candidates to complete a physical capacity exam successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of physical capacity exam may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to our careers site.