Grants & Contracts Mgmt - 390030
The Office of Grant and Contract Management, a division of the UNTHSC Research Office, provides pre-award, post-award, and accounting services for the support of faculty and other investigators while promoting compliance with federal and state agencies, private sponsor agreements, and UNTHSC research policies.
The Grants & Contract Management Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Grant Accountant to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Review and interpret award documents to determine financial invoicing and/or reporting requirements, adherence to sponsor regulations, polices to ensure appropriate billing requirements, accurate invoicing, allowable expenditures, payment provisions and financial reporting requirements.
* Thorough knowledge of accounting practices, legal statute, policy and procedures affecting financial record keeping, a thorough knowledge of cost and audit accounting, ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly and the ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form.
* Responsible for accurate billing, accounts receivable management and financial reporting for projects to minimize financial risk to the University, ensuring compliance to avoid fines and penalties as well as project analysis, including forecasts of anticipated surplus/deficits of project budgets.
* Project administration including accurate expenditure approvals, processing of cost transfers journals and budget journals, new award review for quality checks, assists with audits, utilizes multiple sponsor and internal electronic systems and websites, data entry, electronic files and fully participates in new implementations of systems and business process change.
* Responsible for timely and accurate grant closeout functions required by Grants and Contracts Office and sponsors requirements including reconciliations, financial status reports, final invoices, purchase order liquidations, budgets reductions, and final reporting.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and three (3) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
*Bachelor's degree in business administration preferably in accounting or finance.
*Prior experience in accounting, public administration, higher education, or other related field.
*Three years of professional business administration, grant and contract administration, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
Monday ? Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled