AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER - Classic Car/Truck Restoration
AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER - Classic Car/Truck Industry
Responsible for various areas including, tool design and fabrication, equipment layout and planning, usage and root cause analyses. Is part of an Engineering Team that performs engineering and technical assignments, utilizing engineering practices and principles.
Is able to work in a challenging environment that coordinates and implements engineering methods, new model activity and processes that support product quality, cost and delivery goals and objectives.
- B.S.M.E. or B.S. Degree with a concentration of course work in industrial technology, industrial or mechanical engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years current hands-on experience as an Engineer in the Automotive Industry.
- Knowledge of specifications and requirements for the manufacturing of steering, brakes and suspensions preferred.
- Knowledge of tooling, fixtures, gauge design and build as well as other equipment associated with a manufacturing environment.
- Good project management skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Driven and self motivated, with sound reasoning, judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and courteously in all instances with all levels of personnel
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience with ISO Quality systems
Key Job Responsibilities
- Helps coordinate and supervise the activities of R & D / Fabrication personnel.
- Continuously searches for new processes, procedures and materials to enhance and improve production processes.
- Researches, creates and implements new ways to optimize engineering procedures (BOM, drawings and templates).
- Initializes investigation of potential design and manufacturing concerns, and conducts countermeasure development.
- Developments engineering plans, designs and analysis of new materials, part design and manufacturing processes.
- Implements tool and equipment modifications, testing, training and packaging development.
- Designs, creates and maintains all bills of material functions.
- Maintains all engineering documents, drawings, files, etc.
- Coordinates R & D requests and part orders with internal departments.
- Initializes ordering of internal trial material and confirms material delivery meets trial plan.
- Manages trial build labeling, packaging and shipping requirements.
- Achieves and maintains the organizations quality control standards and procedures.
- Prioritizes duties and tasks based on customer orders or internal requirements.
- Advises management and related departmental staff on status of projects.
- Provides support documentation/value analysis for marketing and sales requests.
- Analyzes training needs of R & D / Fabrication personnel.
- Insures that department staff operates in a safe manner, using the appropriate PPE.
*** A Leader In The Automotive Restoration Industry ***
We have a strong commitment to quality, customer satisfaction, and our people.
If you are a reliable, self-starter who is detail orientated with a strong work ethic, you may be an ideal candidate.
OUR BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES: Medical / Dental / Vision / Paid Time Off (PTO) / Paid Holidays / Paid Life Insurance and a generous Profit Sharing Plan!
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Tue, 6 Jun 2017 12:32:46 PDT