User Support Services Technician
The Division of Information Technology at Stevens Institute of Technology seeks an energetic and committed individual for the position of User Support Services Technician. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of User Support Services at Stevens. The successful candidate will provide excellent end-user support for faculty, staff and students across the campus.This position will manage and provide: desktop support; application support; printer support, maintenance and troubleshooting; computer hardware/software maintenance and troubleshooting; and instructional technology and A/V support to the campus community via phone, email or in-person. This position also requires the ability to work off hours and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the Institute.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide end-user support for Stevens' systems and applications
- Serve as a member of the team that provides first-point-of-contact and highest possible initial problem-resolution for all members of the Stevens' community
- Supervise and mentor student employees, including but not limited to hiring, creating work schedules, approving time worked
- Coordinate student hiring with other Information Technology units
- Recommend service level agreements (SLAs) for L1 and L2/3 response, including other offices within Information Technology
- Daily review of ALL open tickets and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner according to the SLA specifications
- Ensure that incidents reported to User Support Services are properly triaged and recorded, and that problems that cannot be resolved by Level 1 support are then directed to the proper staff and that corrective action is taken in a timely manner to resolve the user's needs and to prevent similar issues in the future
- Follow up with other units regarding resolutions of tickets
- Provide weekly daily reports regarding ticket escalation, problem resolution, root cause analysis and fundamental problem resolution
- Create and maintain end-user documentation and materials for Stevens' ITSM Service Catalog
- Develop and deliver end-user training sessions and workshops to users for Stevens' systems and applications
- Provide accurate and timely information for end-users, IT collaborative partners, and other IT Staff
- Collaborate with campus partners to provide best of care end-user support for Stevens systems and applications
- Collect and provide analytics to ensure that faculty, staff and students' issues are being resolved within the standards defined by stated SLA's
- Research and recommend innovative/emerging technologies, as well as more effective approaches to the delivery of IT services at Stevens
- Assist in the administration of the online learning management system and other instructional technologies
- Support the operations of the Division of Information Technology and all technology initiatives at Stevens
- Weekend and / or off-hours work may be needed or required based on institutional requirements
- Other duties as designed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, a related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong service orientation, with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and overall strong general knowledge of information technology including but not limited to: delivery and management of training, service, and support services; desktop and application use and management; networking; A/V support; and course management systems, among others
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the use of Windows-based software including web and internet software and the Office Suite of products
- Ability to work effectively as a positive and engaged member of a high-performing / collaborative team of professionals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong service ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service
- Willing to work in a fluid, active, and team-based organization
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities, and in an environment with a sense of urgency to execution and work completion
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally; be able to twist, bend and work in awkward positions.
- Ability to work in PC, Mac, and Linux/Unix environments
- Previous experience providing end-user support in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Knowledge of higher education and experience working in university computing environments
- Active participation in professional organizations and professional development programs relevant to the position.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.