STEM Outreach Event Specialist (P/T), CPRN50140PIPS
The STEM Outreach Event Specialist is responsible for coordinating STEM outreach activities and events for College of DuPage, both on and off campus.
Position Title: STEM Outreach Event Specialist (P/T), CPRN50140PIPS
Duties of Position:
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate STEM events.
- Coordinate all services and technical needs of event, including event sound and lighting, audio/visual equipment, room set-up, food, security, etc.
- Complete required paperwork in order to facilitate the scheduling of all necessary service providers, including Campus Services, Dining Services, Campus Police, etc., as well as any external service providers.
- Coordinate distribution of materials to all District 502 high schools, Regional Centers, and community partners.
- Represent COD at various outreach-related venues/events both on and off campus.
- Provide event details to Marketing and Communications so that appropriate press releases, printed materials, and electronic communications including email, web, and social media messages are created.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to maximize facility usage, while maintaining the integrity of these programs.
- Work effectively with school districts, community organizations, government agencies, parents, students, and/or staff.
- Maintain professional connections with the STEM education community at large.
- Other duties as assigned by STEM Outreach Coordinator.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years event planning/coordination, enthusiasm for STEM, attention to detail, strong organization skills
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field or education.
EXPERIENCE: 3-4 years event planning/coordination, past work in outreach, 6th-12th teaching experience, local.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field with teaching certificate.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Fax PC, copy machine, Microsoft Office
Must be able to lift boxes of materials up to 30lbs. Must be able to walk distances and climb stairs with college materials. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. Must have valid driver's license.
Department: Marketing & Creative Services - MEM
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt