Targeted Assessment Specialist
Job located in Rowan County.
The Targeted Assessment Specialist (TAS) is a UK employee who will work full-time at the Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) office in Morehead, KY to: 1) conduct assessment interviews with DCBS clients in the areas of mental health, substance use, intimate partner violence, and learning problems; 2) provide intensive pre-treatment and case management services; 3) facilitate referrals to appropriate services/agencies, and 4) provide follow-up services. The TAS will also: provide consultation; collaborate effectively with multiple service systems; and be responsible for documentation, reports and entry of information into the program's database. Frequent travel in Rowan County and the region is required. The TAS provides non-traditional community based services such as home visits and participant transportation to services. The UK Targeted Assessment Program (TAP) is designed to identify and address barriers to self-sufficiency and safety among DCBS clients and is sponsored by the KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services with Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) funds.
Targeted Assessment Specialist
Rowan County TAS
7H090:CENTER ON DRUG & ALCOHOL RESEA
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (40 hrs/week).
MS Windows, Excel, entering data into a web-based system.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Master's degree plus 3 years of related direct service experience in Social Work or Counseling.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I recognize that this position works out of the Department of Community Based Services office in Morehead, KY and routinely requires non-traditional, community based activities, such as home visits and transportation of participants to services.
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid employment experience providing assessment, counseling, and case management to low-income clients.
- more than 0, up through 1 year
- more than 1 year, up through 3 years
- more than 3 years up through 5 years
- more than 5 years
- * Please describe your experience and interest in providing non-traditional community based services, such as home visits, to low-income parents with multiple barriers.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter