PT Faculty POOL - Human Services
Coast Community College District
PT Faculty POOL - Human Services
Job# PT Faculty - Human Services
Salary: Based on LHE (Lecture Hour Equivalent) in accordance with the current Part-Time Faculty Salary Schedule.
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: www.cccd.edu/employment. Please click on OPEN POSITIONS located in the menu bar on the left, then select your desired jobs category to access list of open positions.
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to Orange County.
• Provide quality instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
• Create and maintain an environment which emphasizes teaching and learning and encourages free discussion of ideas, interests and issues.
• Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
• Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
• Fulfill professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member.
• Teach all scheduled classes.
• Maintain accurate records.
• Assignments may include day, evening, weekend, on-line and/or off-campus classes.
1. Must meet one of the following qualifications under (a) through (d):
• Valid California Community College instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990);
• Master's degree or higher in human services, psychology, clinical psychology, sociology, social work, social sciences, counseling, or community/public health nursing science from an accredited college or university AND education and training within at least (2) of the following specific areas: human services, substance related disorders, addiction, eating disorders, criminal justice, community/family public health nursing science, and family services;
• Or, possess a combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent to the above. Candidates making an application on the basis of equivalency must submit an Application for Equivalency in addition to all other required materials. Please see Additional Information below to determine if you need to submit an Application for Equivalency.
2. Evidence of a sensitivity to, understanding of, and the ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds
Conditions of Employment
Employment is on a part-time, temporary basis and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. The hours of work and effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. Part-time faculty applications are accepted year-round and will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview. Please note: Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
Please do not call the Office of Human Resources regarding the status of your application as this is a continuous recruitment and the applications in this pool will be reviewed by the College Dean/Hiring Manager on an as-needed basis.
• Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
• The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910 )
• The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individual's interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Based on LHE (Lecture Hour Equivalent) in accordance with the current Part-Time Faculty Salary Schedule.
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
A complete Coast Community College District Online Employment Application.
A current resume or curriculum vitae (upload as a separate attachment - PDF recommended).
All unofficial transcripts (upload as a separate attachment - PDF recommended).
Answers to ALL Supplemental Questions (please provide clear and detailed responses, where applicable, as they will be carefully evaluated to determine the most qualified candidate(s) to be invited for an interview; please do not paste your resume, put "see resume" or "N/A", or leave blank).
Application for Equivalency, if applicable. Please see below for details to determine if you are required to submit an Application for Equivalency.
APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCY
Candidates applying under Equivalency must complete and upload an Application for Equivalency, along with supporting documentation, to their online employment application. Applications will be reviewed by the Equivalency Committee in that discipline area, as needed, to determine if Equivalency will be granted to the applicant, after which you will be notified.
Application for Equivalency (Download PDF reader)
To see the Minimum Qualifications (MQ) for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges, please click on the link below.
California Community Colleges MQ Handbook (Download PDF reader)
Who needs to apply for Equivalency?
1) Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions, but do not meet the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges (Download PDF reader), may still apply to the position under an Equivalency. Applying on the basis of Equivalency means that the applicant feels they have a combination of education and/or experience that would be equivalent to the state minimum qualifications, allowing them to teach under the discipline. Candidates must complete and upload an Application for Equivalency, along with supporting documentation, to their online employment application.
2) Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions and are submitting foreign transcripts must attach a completed Application for Equivalency to their online application. Additionally, any foreign transcripts must be accompanied by a U.S. evaluation and translation from a NACES member organization. Please attach these documents to your online application, also.
NACES member organizations
3) Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions and their required degrees are not yet posted on their transcripts at the time of application must attach a completed Application for Equivalency to their online application.
• Any foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation and be attached to a completed Application for Equivalency, if applicable - see above.
• Regulations governing employment procedures require a completed District online application form and other required documents as stipulated in the application instructions for all positions.
• Carefully read all application instructions and complete all required documents.
• Be sure to review your application for accuracy and completeness before submitting. Changes cannot be made to your online application after it has been submitted.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure all application fields and materials are complete.
• Candidates will also be responsible for all travel expenses if selected for an interview, the Coast Community College District does not reimburse for candidate travel expenses.
• All documents submitted with your District employment application become property of the Coast Community College District and will not be returned. (Do not send original transcripts, official documents, or other materials if you are not requested to do so).
• Supplemental application materials and additional information may be requested. It is important to carefully read all the vacancy instructions and provide complete answers.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer