Adjunct Faculty Lighting Design - Department of Theater Arts
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Department of Theater Arts invites applications for adjunct faculty lighting design to teach courses at the undergraduate level in Lighting Design.
The primary responsibility of adjunct faculty is to deliver instruction in the manner determined by the department. In addition, faculty responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of syllabus and teaching of curriculum according to the goals and objectives of the department.
- Student advising and office hours in relation to the course load carried, and as assigned in the faculty teaching assignment.
- Participation in faculty meetings and departmental activities as identified by the department chair or program director, and assigned in the adjunct faculty contract.
- Determine student mastery of material and assign final course grades from evaluation of tests, quizzes, homework, and other assignments and activities related to course material.
- Must have a master's or terminal degree in the field of instruction or related area, or equivalent experience.
- Preferred experience includes teaching at the college or university level.
- The ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds.
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University.
Assigned teaching duties will not exceed 9 units per semester; office hours and additional duties may be assigned. Total workload will not exceed 29 hours per week, or 24 units per 12-month period.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self-starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.