Associate Director of Annual Giving - University Advancement
The University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DUs remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of collaborative, curious, results-oriented, and mission-driven advancement professionals who value inclusivity and who possess a deep respect for one another and for our shared profession.
The Associate Director, Annual Giving for Constituency Programs and Giving Initiatives, reports directly to the Executive Director of Annual and Leadership Giving as a part of the Global Networks team in University Advancement. The position supervises the Assistant Director of Student Philanthropy and the Development Coordinator. The Associate Director, oversees the continued development of constituency programs focused on increased engagement and revenue through the Student Foundation, the umbrella organization for the university's student philanthropy program, and the Faculty & Staff Campaign. In addition, the Associate Director will establish the development of a Recent Graduate program for undergraduate and graduate alumni. The Associate Director will also develop the metrics, strategies and tactics for further growth of DUs giving days: Giving Tuesday and One Day for DU.
- Constituency-specific Program Development with Projected Growth
- Work with the Executive Director and Assistant Director of Student Philanthropy to institutionalize campus-wide student philanthropy that recognizes all student giving, including community service.
- Create annual strategies and goal setting to reach 3, 5 and 10 year benchmarks.
- Create a trajectory of student philanthropy that will programmatically evolve into Recent Graduate giving and in collaboration with the Executive Director and campus partners, devise a donor continuum to support a culture of giving for the University of Denver.
- In a collaboration with the Executive Director, create a strategic plan to increase faculty and staff philanthropy supported by consistent communications, stewardship and volunteer outreach.
- Days of Giving
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and support of the Development Coordinator and Annual Giving team, grow the potential of DUs Days of Giving, specifically Giving Tuesday and One Day for DU.
- Increase the integration of all communication channels and specifically digital media for greater influence and connectivity to the Days of Giving.
- Maximize the volunteer structure and stewardship opportunities to further engage constituents to these giving initiatives.
- Develop 3 10 year growth projections and establish benchmarks to measure success.
- University Citizenship
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative fundraising practices.
- Contribute to team success and model One DU leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptionally high level of customer service skills.
- Adept at using judgment and discretion in situations that that require sensitivity and tact.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years of paid fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated success in raising annual gifts for an institution of higher education, or similar complex setting.
- Demonstrated success in goal setting and developing metrics, strategies and tactics to grow revenue.
- Experience working in a University setting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage volunteers and work in team environments.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.