Director, Honors College (#20564) NH
Lone Star College- North Harris Campus
Director, Honors College (#20564) NH
Principal and primary academic and budgetary officer for respective campus Honors College office. Provide positive leadership regarding Honors curricular and co-curricular course offerings and programming, Honors Faculty, and honors students' success that further the academic, programmatic, and scholarly mission of the institution in its service to the community. Support the Honors College's mission of being national leaders in honors education and promote Lone Star College as an institution of first choice. Process academic and student services related policy and procedure, determination of honors academic standards and benchmarks, participation in budgetary allocations, and assessment necessary for the development, growth and continued improvement of curricular and co-curricular honors programming. Holds direct management authority and accountability to execute policies and operational initiatives for functional area.
1. Provides guidance and resources to staff and faculty for professional development in an overall campus department location. Plan, develop and implement all honors curriculum, outcomes and offerings. Hold campus Honors Faculty meetings and professional development sessions for continued improvement.
2. Implement best practice-based processes for honor registration and enrollment. Address honors related complaints, issues and eligibility.
3. Schedules work and activities.
4. Organizes, plans and prioritizes work, including campus-level curricular and co-curricular activities, Honors events, long-range plans and campus evaluation and professional development.
5. Has accountability for all duties of subordinates of Honors staff and oversees student data tracking, travel and budget.
6. Works collaboratively with internal and external contacts. Maintains a visible role in the community and with local ISDs.
7. Negotiates and deals with vendors and outside organizations.
8. Analyzes and interprets detailed information to develop campus-strategic goals and provide semesterly and yearly program evaluation / curricular assessment.
9. Develops and manages contracts and budgets and send to Associate Vice Chancellor for final approval.
10. Responsible for overseeing Honors student advising, including personalized advising, training advisors/counselors on Honors curriculum and schedules, providing honors-related transfer and scholarship workshops.
11. Responsible for leading honors-related travel. Serve as trip leader for some student conferences and international travel. Support and oversee honors campus-affiliate field trips.
12. Initiate and manage honors recruiting and outreach by leading recruitment drives, high school recruiting visits and events, advertising and distributing scholarships at the campus level and coordinating scholarship plans to enrollment management.
13. Teach one honors section per semester as an adjunct.
14. Support integration initiatives with International Programs and Engagement.
15. Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
•Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years ofrelated work experience; at least 3 years in a management or director-level position.
Hiring Salary is $84,502
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE ONLY
To learn of all available opportunities, go to: http://jobs.lonestar.edu. Search by keyword or click the "Advanced Search" link to search by keyword or Job Opening ID. Application materials will not be accepted via fax, e-mail, mail or hand delivery.Normally there is no contact with applicants unless they are selected for interview. Some openings are posted year-round and are re-posted periodically; these applicants will be notified and asked to re-apply in order to remain active applicants for those positions.Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States. More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
All positions are subject to a criminal background check. EEO Employer