Fashion Institute of Technology - Part Time Technologist A-Academic Technology & Desktop Support
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for a part time Technologist A in the Academic Technology & Desktop Support department.
The position oversees the college's large (150+ seat) open student computer lab on campus and is responsible to initiate, facilitate, and follow-up on various technical tasks in collaboration with the day and evening shifts in Academic Computing & Desktop Services. The position will be the point person for all users in maintaining lab services including the workstations, peripherals, and policies and procedures set forward by the department. Applies techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures. Documents problems for diagnostics and solution implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct technical support to the students in the large open college lab (150+ stations)
- Troubleshoot within the MS Office Suite applications, Google Apps for Education, Adobe Creative Cloud, and assist with general file management and transfer.
- Troubleshoot a variety of peripherals such as scanners, large format and high production printers.
- Work with the students with their questions regarding use of equipment.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of labs. Stock and order supplies as needed.
- Perform software installations, patches, and image Windows and Macintosh machines.
- Prepare documentation on procedure and policies for the student monitors. Includes student monitor training where needed.
- Research and report on lab infrastructure needs such a s equipment and furniture.
- Assist other members of the day shift with any overflow of tasks.
- Write daily reports of occurrences during the shift.
Applicants must have a technical diploma or Associate's degree in Computer Information Systems, and a minimum of three years of related experience with Windows and Macintosh operating systems. Preferred experience with imaging and patching machines. Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well independently with a diverse population. Exercises a high level of independent judgment and initiative under limited direct supervision. Exhibits a high level of trustworthiness.
This is a general description and is not to be construed as all-inclusive.
Department: Academic Technology & Desktop Support
Supervisor: Manager, Academic Technology & Desktop Support
Days/Hours: 25 hrs/wk/32 weeks per year
3pm -7pm M-F
Schedule subject to change based on the needs of the Department.
Salary: Schedule 89
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter
* A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com.