As an Academic Advisor, you will be providing direct, holistic guidance to students to aid in successful on-time completion of their degree program. Work with students to develop educational plans that are consistent with their individual needs, abilities, and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise students on establishing academic goals through the development of educational and graduation plans.
- Provide additional support for students in academic jeopardy.
- Maintain student files and records; document all pertinent student information and update Student Success Plans regarding changes to student status.
- Engage in outreach and communication efforts with students to support college-wide student success, retention, and completion efforts.
- Assist students with negotiating College processes and procedures.
- Assist with the development and implementation of departmental programs, including but not limited to New Student Orientation, peer mentoring, or other initiatives as assigned.
- Teach the college preparatory class under supervision of a Learning Support Services Coordinator
- Make referrals to the on-campus counseling services and/or social service agencies and assist with locating other referral sources as needed.
- Adhere to laws, external regulations, internal policies, procedures, and requirements governing areas of responsibility.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.