Assistant Director, Online MBA Program
Position SummaryThe Assistant Director, Online MBA Program provides day-to-day operational support for the online degree program. The position requires a collaborative and supportive relationship with faculty, and the ability to work with a cross-functional team of professionals across many College and University disciplines. Once classes begin, the Assistant Director oversees critical processes, identifies improvements, resolves issues, and facilitates and helps ensure day-to-day success of the program. Essential Functions With the Assistant Dean, deliver the successful implementation of a new online Masters degree program:
- Serve as primary liaison with 2U (vendor) to facilitate the implementation of key student-facing processes, such as application, enrollment and registration, financial aid and scholarship.
- Support the onboarding of new students and faculty related to the program.
Provide operational and administrative support to the Assistant Dean to ensure the ongoing success of the program:
- Serve as the liaison between the online program and key university functions such as admissions, registrar, compliance, financial aid, marketing, information technology, student support and career services.
- Identify and implement improvements to enhance student satisfaction and/or faculty satisfaction with the program.
- Collaborate with faculty regarding student advisement and section registration.
- Assist with scheduling, supervising class selections and adjusting enrollments by section where needed.
- Track and report on student and program progress.
- Work with Student Services team to proactively monitor student progress, identify students who may be at risk, implement strategies in collaboration with the Assistant Dean to identify opportunities to develop, measure and help improve academic success.
Serve as manager for admission review, ensuring timely decisions and assignment of applicants:
- Serve on the admissions committees for online programs, interview as needed.
- Serve as host for key webinars and scheduling faculty to present them.
Serve as the point of contact for student, faculty and University processes and escalations:
- Oversee day to day online campus needs including student ID card, welcome packet, book lists, student handbook and academic calendar.
- Serve as point of contact for questions from students regarding concerns of student experience and forward concerns/issues to appropriate party to resolve, follow up to ensure this is done.
- Ensure smooth student experience in collaboration with 2U support team.
- Support student registration and work closely with student support advisors from 2U to ensure students are enrolled correctly.
- Oversee the build out of the student orientation course, including videos and content.
- Provide academic advising to all online grad students during peak advising times and in the absence of the Assistant Dean of Daniels online programs.
- Process all scholarships and student bursar awards.
- With the Assistant Dean, develop strong proficiency in Learning Management System and supporting analytics and reporting.
- Manage meeting scheduling and cadence with key University leadership and 2U.
- Create Service Agreements for departments to gain buy in from all people needed to make online MBA succeed.
- Design and execute immersions/residencies with 2U multiple, per year (International and Edge) Main event organizer and ops on the ground.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the multiple, domestic and international MBA@Denver immersions. Responsibilities include all logistics, catering, special events, guest speak arrangements, and hotel and conference facilities, attend each residency as on site coordinator.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- 3 years of work experience managing programs, to include 1 year of experience working within higher education and 1 year working directly with students in a student services related role.
- Prior experience in higher education.
- Experience working with outside vendors.
- Master's in relevant program or MBA.
- 5 years of work experience managing programs, to include at least 2 years of experience working within higher education and 2 years working directly with students in a student services related role.
- Knowledge of 2U systems and processes.
- Knowledge of MBA program systems and policies.
- Admissions and/or student recruiting experience.
- Experience with student services.
- Familiarity with the University of Denver and internal processes.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.