Fashion Institute of Technology - Technologist A-Media Technology Support
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for a Technologist A-Media Technology Support.
1. Responsible for assisting in the basic set-up and operation of small- to large-scale audiovisual systems in business and educational settings while ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
2. Strives to support flawlessly executed presentations through the accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment, such as LCD projectors, LED displays, speakers, audio mixers, microphones, conference phones, video conference cameras, computer applications and presentation software.
3. Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve equipment and software issues.
4. Assists in maintaining, storing, and delivering equipment/materials as required.
5. Meets faculty, student and staff customers on location to ensure that their needs are met and that all presentation technology is working properly.
6. Monitors presentations and events, periodically checking with customers throughout the duty shift. Understands and fosters a hospitality service model.
7. Will work in multiple locations and at times that may include irregular hours and on-call status, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
8. Understands organizational processes, follows procedures and completes data entry and paperwork accurately.
9. Follows posted instructions to determine the equipment scheduled for set-up and for breakdown.
10. Interacts with other team members and outside vendors in a collegial manner.
11. Willingly participates in ongoing professional development to remain knowledgeable and proficient with relevant new technologies and procedures.
Applicants must have a technical diploma or Associate's degree in Computer Information Systems, and a minimum of three years of related experience with Windows and Macintosh operating systems. Ability to learn, adapt and keep current with equipment use and repair.
Ability to communicate instructions, methods and techniques of using audio visual and computer equipment to students, administration, faculty and staff.
35 hour work week Monday-Friday
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online: * Resume * Cover letter * A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com