Maintenance Worker I
Maintenance Worker I
$3,249.00 - $3,994.00 Monthly
6/19/2017 5:00 PM Pacific
To perform a variety of routine maintenance duties; move furniture, cleaning, and deliver supplies to various areas on campus; assist in campus recycling functions; set up facilities for a variety of campus events; perform a variety of tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direction from an assigned supervisor.
This is the entry level class in the Maintenance series. Positions at this level are distinguished from other classes within the series by the level of responsibility assumed and the complexity of duties assigned. This class is distinguished from the skilled classification, Maintenance Worker II, and journeyman level classifications, Electrician, Plumber, HVAC Technician, Carpenter and Locksmith/Carpenter by providing routine maintenance functions. Employees at this level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to assigned area of responsibility.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Perform a variety of routine maintenance duties; assist with electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC and locksmith projects.
2. Move furniture, clean, and deliver supplies to various areas on campus.
3. Participate in setting up for a variety of special events on campus including graduation ceremonies, athletic events, college day and community events.
4. Perform maintenance for campus theatres including repairing seats, cleaning restrooms, lobbies, dressing rooms, floors, etc. Set up for vendors, install curtains, launder table cloths; ensure theatres have supplies; strip and wax floors; oversee maintenance emergency issues for theatres.
5. Perform a variety of delivery services; operate assigned vehicle to obtain and deliver items as needed; ensure accuracy of deliveries and pick-ups; travel to various off-campus areas to pick up materials for on-campus functions.
6. Open gates and classrooms in the morning; secure District rooms and facilities at night.
7. Participate in campus recycling efforts as assigned; collect white paper, computer paper, cardboard, aluminum cans and bottles.
8. Maintain an accurate inventory of supplies and materials needed to perform essential job functions; order and stock supplies as required.
9. Assist in moving large and small barrels of hazardous waste materials.
10. Transport gas tanks for refueling.
11. Participate in minor vehicular preventive maintenance programs, such as checking fluid levels, hoses, tires and brakes; clean and wash vehicles as needed.
12. Oversee the work of student, seasonal and part time staff.
13. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Work in a variety of environmental and weather conditions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Completion of the twelfth grade or the equivalent
One year of general maintenance experience.
Possession of valid California Driver's License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Forklift certification required within 30 days upon hire.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW