Supervisor - Jamba Juice
Supervisor - Jamba Juice
Food Service Supervisor
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours will vary depending on location
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community.
All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our Retail Dining operations offer in house and national branded concepts.
The Retail Dining Services at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Food Service Supervisor to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Daily supervision of food presentation and exceptional Guest service in the Retail Department.
* Supervision of internal or national food service brand concepts.
* Ordering, receiving and stocking inventory.
* Training in-house and brand standards.
* Opening or closing assigned areas.
* Supervising/instructing the work of cooks and other food service employees.
This position will require the following of all food safety policies, procedures, and standards for in house or national brand compliance. This role typically functions as an expert in a specified area of work or services (brand standards, service standards, production standards, equipment usage,) etc. Duties are standardized. Will be required to work some weekends.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years of experience in institutional or commercial food preparation, including one year supervisory experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed. Must be Food Safe Certified or able to get certification within 6 months. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions
* Ability to direct and manage the work of others
* Ability to work from written menus, standard recipes and oral instructions
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: checking orders for quantity).
* Considerable knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment used in preparing food on a large scale
* Considerable knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service, and knowledge of necessary precautionary measures
* Knowledge of food values and menu planning.
* Ability to obtain a Health Certificate as issued by the Denton City-County Health Department.
* Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting and use of utensils and equipment relating to food service operations.
* Ability to train personnel in the care and use of equipment and in standard practices and methods used in large-scale food service
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
* Must have or be able to quickly develop expertise in assigned area of responsibility.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Jamba Juice Experience a plus
* Great work ethics
* Outgoing personality
* Eager to excel and grow with our exciting new UNT Union Retail Dining operations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting