Director, Client Services
Director, Client Services
Information Technology Services (its.ucsc.edu)
JOB #: 1707184
Full Time, Career
Starting Salary Range: $130,000-$140,000/annually. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Involves providing a variety of IT services. Assignments may include database administration, application programming, IT project management, systems administration, systems and process analysis, security, solution development and maintenance, business technical support or a combination of these and / or other IT functions.
Under the general direction of the Vice Chancellor, Information Technology, the Client Services Director is responsible for the planning, development, and management of a unit delivering central technical support and IT service management. This position provides leadership, vision and oversight for overall Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) within the Information Technology Services. The Client Services unit is comprised of 27 full time staff - IT service managers, and operational teams related to Help Desk Services, Desktops (in person field support and managed endpoints) and Accounts.
UC Santa Cruz seeks applications and nominations for the Director of Client Services. This senior management position has responsibility for a unit delivering central technical support (helpdesk, accounts, desktop management and support) and IT service management services. The Client Services unit is comprised of professional staff of approximately twenty five.
This exciting leadership position will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to participate in the development of technical and operational strategy, contribute to the campus-wide vision for information technology, lead a group of high performing managers, and play a major role in the adoption and integration of new technologies to support teaching and learning, research and scholarship, administrative operations, and student life.
Working at UC Santa Cruz will put you in the center of a world-class hub of teaching and research, in a setting of incredible natural beauty, with a team of dedicated, professional colleagues. Information Technology Services (ITS) at UC Santa Cruz offers the campus a wide range of systems and services that support the research university mission.
- We are a group of enthusiastic people who produce extraordinary results.
- We value a workplace where individuals know that they can truly make a difference.
- We value people who care about each other, the quality of our services, and the satisfaction of our customers.
Come and work with us! We're looking for a bright and energetic leader who wants to make a difference.
•	A bachelor's degree from an accredited college in computer science, management information systems, or a related field of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
•	Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) training, or certification, or equivalent information technology service management certification.
•	Five or more years' experience in a leadership management position responsible for delivery of client-facing technology and support services preferably in higher education. Demonstrated experience in IT strategic planning, budgeting and personnel management.
•	Advanced knowledge of business / technical support function and working knowledge of other areas of IT sufficient for strategic planning, technology assessment and direction.
•	Advanced ability to understand the process involved to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied products for use within the technical environment.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 06/14/2017
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application: https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69846
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. A computer is available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center (SVC), 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.