Assistant to the AVP of HR - Technical Craft Specialist A
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Assistant to the AVP of HR - Technical Craft Specialist A position.
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Provide administrative support activities for the Associate Vice President for Human Resources in the preparation and processing of a variety of reports, records, forms, schedules and other documents related to the overall administrative support functions for the Associate Vice President for Human Resources, maintaining high degree of confidentiality in all functions. This position is also responsible for the preparation and distribution of various letters and documents, such as employment contracts, Total Compensation Statements, sabbatical letters, performance appraisals, etc.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• High School diploma, or equivalent (e.g. GED) is required.
• Six (6) years of work experience in a progressively responsible administrative support position is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Strong attention to detail and data entry accuracy is required.
• Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks with changing priorities is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
• Strong planning and organizational skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others is required.
• Demonstrated professionalism and effective oral and written communication skills are required.
• Excellent time management skills required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Associate's degree is preferred.
• Previous work experience within a Human Resources function is preferred.
• Previous experience using an enterprise-wide system (i.e. Banner) is preferred.