Assistant Director II
Catering - 163730
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours of Operation: Mon - Thur 7am - 12am, Fri - 7am -8pm, Sat - Sun 10am - 8pm
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods.
Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls are open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream is made on campus. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance
The Food Service Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director II to function as a Chef Manager.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* General management of a high volume student cafeteria/retail/catering kitchen.
* Food production in all campus food operations.
* Assist in managing labor and cost, increasing revenue, establishing service standards and policies.
* Working with managers/leadership team to plan and execute special events to increase the value of the meal plan
* Adjust and checks menu items for overall presentation, creates visually compelling food that induces sales.
* Develops key menu cost reducers with highly acceptable/low cost menu items.
* Responsible for menu development; the test and standardization of recipes, as well as the training of food service staff on related concepts and execution.
* Maintains appropriate sanitary and production standards.
* Works closely with Retail Operations managers, Cafeteria Operation Managers, Catering Operations Managers and Staff Directors.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Culinary Background or graduate from an accredited culinary school
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting