Human Resources Assistant
MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston is an innovative and interprofessional graduate school with post-baccalaureate, direct entry-level master’s and doctorate, and post-professional programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Speech-Language Pathology, Health Professions Education, and a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences. The only degree-granting affiliate of Partners HealthCare System, the MGH Institute offers its more than 1,400 students unparalleled opportunities to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, community, and educational settings. The school, which has graduated more than 5,400 students since its 1977 founding by Massachusetts General Hospital, is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Several programs are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and the school has been named for the past six years as a Great College to Work for by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is seeking a talented HR Assistant to join the IHP Human Resources team located in the Charlestown, Navy Yard IHP campus.
As an affiliate of Massachusetts General Hospital and a member of Partners Healthcare, the MGH Institute of Health Professions is a graduate school focused on educating tomorrow's healthcare leaders in Communication Sciences and Disorder, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant Studies. The Institute has consistently been ranked a Great College to Work For and programs are among the top in US News and World Report.
This is an excellent HR professional opportunity to join a talented HR team committed to delivering HR programs and services that advance the IHP's mission and create a vibrant and dynamic work and learning environment where IHP students, faculty and staff can thrive.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the IHP HR Assistant provides administrative, operations and special project support for the MGH IHP HR team. The HR Assistant performs confidential and diversified HR services including, management of HR Directors calendar, employee event and recognition programs coordination and planning, budget and expense tracking, coordination for Graduate Assistants hiring, processing for Term Lecturer hiring, recruitment support, and projects as assigned. The HR Assistant ensures positive customer service, efficient workflow and continuous improvement in HR services.
Recruitment/On-boarding Responsibilities (40%):
• Processes new hire paperwork for Term Lecturers including, initiating and confirming receipt of CORI, processing HireRight/Everify, and creating electronic file in OnBase.
• Ensures Term Lecturer contracts contain appropriate/required information. Make updates/recommendations for updates as needed.
• Enters Term Lecturer information in Datatel/Ellucian and PeopleSoft
• Approves Term Lecturer special payments for all departments
• Coordinates and tracks Term Lecturer online orientation compliance in HealthStream
• Works with HR Team and Departments to automate/streamline the Term Lecture hiring process.
• Partner with departments and BFT to arrange group sign-on sessions for GA's during peak/high volume hiring season (late summer (Aug) / early new year (Jan).
• Create New Employee Orientation packets. Ensure team always has a supply ready to go for orientations.
• Create Recruitment Benefit / IHP Overview folders for faculty and staff candidates. Ensure team always has a supply ready for candidates.
• Reserve room for IHP Orientations and order food/lunch as requested for orientation events.
• Assist HR team members with recruitment activities for faculty and staff recruitment including posting jobs to external websites and resume screening.
• Provide logistical/administrative support for scheduling interviews
• Support HR Team members with recruitment phone screens as needed.
Office Administration Responsibilities (30%)
• Serves as key HR customer service support to all guest entering HR department.
• Schedules and plans meetings for HR Director as needed
o Accepts meeting request on behalf of HR Director
o Works with appropriate parties to reschedule/make adjustments to HR Directors calendar as necessary
• Schedules meetings for team members as necessary
• Severs as Team Meeting note taker / recorder of key action items to ensure team stays on track with committments/deadlines.
• As directed by the HR Director, orders computer equipment and/or coordinates equipment upgrades for the HR staff.
• Manages E-buy/Staples purchases for team.
• Assist HR team members with administrative tasks including typing correspondence, faxing, copying, and electronic filing.
• Provide customer service support to employees (T-Pass distribution).
• Manages mail operations including daily picking up mail and dropping off internal and external mail. May require occasional travel to the MGH main campus or other locations as needed.
• Provide Intranet update support as needed.
• Provides key administrative support to the annual merit and market review process including printing and mailing faculty letters and appropriately tracking returned evaluations.
• Maintains and organizes HR supplies.
• Helps HR team members coordinate items to go out in IHP Daily News.
• Responsible for annual flu shot audit and weekly direct deposit audit outreach and compliance
• Perform additional duties and assigned projects in order to achieve overall HR objectives.
HR Event/Employee Recognition Support (25%)
• Provides administrative and logistical support to Jona and the team in planning and executing HR Employee events including but not limited to Great Colleges Celebration, Ether Day, PIE Ceremony, Staff Development Day, Employee Appreciation Day and Annual Retirement Party.
• Reserves rooms and orders/coordinates catering as needed
• May require earlier start time and later ending time to support events.
• Supports packing and organizing supplies needed for events
• Coordinates Wellness Programs/Scheduling (i.e. on-site exercise classes)
Budget Expense/Tracking (5%):
• Tracks HR expenses by category in the department budget worksheet.
• Works with HR Director and team to research pricing options for various HR activities. Researches budget/expenses issues with appropriate parties.
• Provides information on historical spending patterns.
• Completes monthly Peoplesoft tracking and auditing of team credit cards
• Updates Wells Fargo by the 20th of each month to ensure credit card expenses hit the appropriate budget account.
Associates Degree in related field, 1 or more years of experience in Human Resources. Preferred Requirements: Bachelors Degree and Human Resources experience (1-3 years).
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
• Committed team player with strong customer service skills; demonstrated commitment to high quality HR services; and skilled in being proactive, adaptive and collaborative are key.
• Each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer), the HR Assistant processes 300 plus new and returning term lecturer contracts and is responsible for approving all payments. These duties require skill with data processing efficiently and effectively. Strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and the capability to work well under pressure / deadlines are key attributes for success.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a group.
• Excellent communications abilities ' especially written and verbal skills.
• Experience handling high volume, multiple tasks and a wide range of customers.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Primary Location: MA-Charlestown-PHS - CNY
Work Locations: PHS - CNY 149 13th Street Charlestown 02129
Job: Human Resources - Administrative Support
Organization: Partners HealthCare(PHS)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: PHS Human Resources
Job Posting: Jun 5, 2017