* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Structural Trades II - Carpenter/Finisher
Position #00218353 - Requisition 09783
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The purpose of this full-time, state classified Structural Trades II (Carpenter/Finisher) is to perform carpentry and finishing duties including custom cabinet making, countertops, shelving, wood and metal doors, wood and metal stud walls, ceiling tile and grid, drywall installation, drywall finishing, and painting. This position performs wall covering installation, cove base and ceiling tiles, floor covering, and concrete repairs for the UCD Campus, and the Anschutz Medical Campus. This position is essential in providing backup support for Facilities Building Operations Construction Services Crews and must be able to pass a respirator qualification.
Examples of Work Performed:
*Carpentry and finishing duties including custom cabinet making, countertops, shelving, wood and metal doors, wood and metal stud walls, ceiling tile and grid, drywall installation, drywall finishing, and painting.
*Performs wall covering installation, cove base and ceiling tiles, floor covering, and concrete repairs for the UCD Campus, and the Anschutz Medical Campus.
*Coordinate with supervisor, other trades and/or customer regarding specifications, sequencing, requirement and time frames in order to meet deadlines.
*Participate and assist in emergencies based on the magnitude and nature.
*Support various special events both in preparation and during the event (i.e. Commencement).
*Repair and correct imperfections in walls and ceilings by creating a smooth surface utilizing plaster, spackle, tapes, and finished with drywall compound and various plaster and ceiling textures, examples: wallpaper, vinyl and cloth.
*Repair masonry such as brick, block, sandstone and concrete applications.
*Pour and finish concrete, examples: sidewalks,
*May be assigned other duties as required.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $3556.00-$3911.00 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
*Four (4) years' of experience working in commercial or residential carpentry which include repairing and installing building frameworks and structure-such as door frames, stairways, interior and exterior partitions, drywalls, doors, sidings, and cabinets, be able to follow blueprints and building plans to meet the need of customers.
*Two (2) years of education may be substituted for the first 2yrs of experience.
Other desirable specialty needed is working with concrete forming systems and finishing walls and side walk.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must possess and maintain a current State of Colorado Driver's License or able to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
• Must be willing and able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle check and drug test.
• Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Facilities Operations Department Policies.
• Must be willing and able to stand and walk on a constant basis, with or without accommodation.
• Must be willing and able to climb, crawl, kneel, bend and reach above shoulders on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
• Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
• Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis, with or without accommodation.
• Must be willing and able to push and pull on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
• Must be willing and able to use manual dexterity, eye/hand coordination and near vision on a constant basis.
• Must be willing and able to use far vision on a frequent basis.
• Must be willing and able to use hearing and verbal communication on a constant basis.
• Must be willing and able to type/enter data on a frequent basis.
• Must be willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including snow, rain, heat, and cold.
• Must be willing and able to work with chemicals/solvents.
• Must be willing and able to work in areas where you may be exposed to hazardous chemicals or infectious materials.
• Must be willing and able to operate moving equipment and work around machinery or moving equipment.
• Must be willing and able to work around noise/vibrations.
• Must be willing and able to work alone, above ground and in small confined spaces.
• Must be willing and able to walk on uneven surfaces and climb on scaffolds/ladders.
• Must be willing and able to work straight or rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing and able to pass a respirator qualification test.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until June 17, 2017 To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20686 - CSA-AVCFO Const Svc Admin
Posting Date: Jun 4, 2017
Closing Date: Jun 23, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Ann.Shimamoto
Posting Contact Email: Ann.Shimamoto@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00218353