Fashion Institute of Technology - Project Associate, Media & Event Technology Services
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for a Project Associate, Media & Event Technology Services.
The Project Associate assists the Senior Project Manager and/or Project Manager by assuming duties to manage the delivery of projects throughout the project lifecycle. This position will serve as a bridge between other department duties and the opportunity to assist in project work.
Description of Duties and Tasks
The Project Associate works under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager in an assistant capacity is assigned an introductory role for the following duties and tasks:
- Assist the Senior Project Manager and/or Project Manager in implementing the best practices of the IT Governance
- Contribute to defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support initiatives, and for the creation of the project charter
- Provide support to develop project proposals, cost estimates, budgets, and schedules and create the project plan
- Assist with the monitor and control all deliverables and milestones based on the project plan
- Follow up on project performance management and value by ensuring that project status, issues and quality concerns are documented
- Prepare reports for Senior Project Manager and Senior Leadership on status of all services provided for specific technology projects
- Perform the clerical duties for project transition exit criteria to the Help Desk/support model
- Duties may include technical or administrative responsibilities as previously assigned for the department
This is a general description and not to be construed as all-inclusive
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience in associated field
- Working experience in gathering and defining requirements in the information technology field
- Initiative to mature in the project management field
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software and hardware development
- Good verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate superior collaborative skills and techniques
- Proficiency in analyzing and solving problems related to projects
- Ability to be proactive and independent and to be interdependent on the team
- Responsibility and accountability for time scheduling
- Knowledge of important elements in project management for project development
Full Time 35 hour
Salary Range TBD
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter
* A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com.