Electromechanic Tech--Starting salary $18.49!!! Apply Today
Sonoco Products, a global packaging company is seeking a Class A or B Electro Mechanic Technician in Pine Bluff, AR.
Rate of Pay ranging from $18.49-$23.21/hr (depending on qualifications and experience).
This position involves working in the Maintenance Department, starting out as a Class A and or B Electromechanic (depending on qualifications and experience).
- This individual must be flexible with work schedule including weekends.
- They must have a good knowledge of safe use of and takes excellent care of tools required: such as, air compressor, portable drills, grinders, hoists, common hand tools, etc.
- Must use initiative and judgment in their work, particularly on preventive maintenance, to avoid breakdowns and equipment trouble.
- Operates shop machine tools: such as, drill press, milling machine, lathe, power cutoff saw, keyseater, floor and bench grinders, threading equipment, etc.
- They must perform duties in a manner consistent with best safety practices and reports any unsafe conditions to supervisor and management.
- Must keep equipment and work area clean and orderly. Perform similar, related duties as assigned.
- Exhibits a can do teamwork approach with production employees.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics equations, and work with computers.
- Requires some travel.
This position will be filled through an interviewing process of all that apply that have the qualifications. The following criteria will be considered: Seniority, Attendance, Job Performance, Work history, Safety participation and Safety record including successful passing of Maintenance Assessment Testing.
REQUIRED MINIMUM SCORE
• Essential duties are to assist in erection, installation, handling, and repairing of both light and heavy machines and equipment.
• Trouble shooting of electrical circuits.
• Have fair knowledge of strength of materials.
• Must have a practical knowledge of electricity, hydraulics, and mechanical.
• Use acetylene and electric welding equipment.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate records for assigned area.
• Work with Windows based computer programs.
Founded in 1899 on the belief that People Build Businesses, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging, and displays and packaging supply chain services. With annualized combined sales of approximately $5.4 billion, the Company has more than 21,000 employees working in more than 340 operations in 34 countries, serving some of the world best known brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco values its people and is committed to giving them every opportunity to use their talent and skills to grow themselves, their careers and our Company. We offer world-class benefits, (including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Paid Holidays, Matching 401K) value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance, and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders.
Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Sonoco Products Company. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that may or may not exist. Please be advised that Sonoco will never ask for payment to progress a job application. Prior to responding to any suspicious email or website posting, please confirm the validity of the opportunity at http://careers.sonoco.com. If you feel you have received a fraudulent Sonoco solicitation, please report the suspicious recruiting activity to email@example.com.
Pine Bluff, AR
Sat, 27 May 2017 12:46:57 PDT