Administrative Specialist - Clinical Medicine (St. Barnabas Hospital/CUNY School of Medicine)
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Medical Education, the Administrative Specialist will work closely with the Chair of Clinical Medicine and be responsible for managing the CUNY School of Medicine's administrative and academic functions involving the St. Barnabas Hospital Health System (SBHHS).
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee operations and administration for the Department of Clinical Medicine.
- Manage the appointment, reappointment, and promotion processes for affiliated medical faculty.
- Serve as primary or key contact for information transfer/communications between SBHHS faculty/administration and CUNY School of Medicine (CSOM) faculty/administration.
- Oversee SBHHS' involvement for joint meetings and event scheduling, notification, communication to all participants.
- Coordinate faculty and preceptors teaching at CSOM and SBHHS sites.
- Obtain assignments, notifying both sites and relevant course directors and faculty.
- Verify transportation/parking needs (shuttle, parking spots, etc.).
- Arrange rooms at SBHHS for meetings.
- Act as liaison for communication between faculty about details of courses, times of sessions, specific student assignments, evaluations deadlines.
- Serve as central point of contact for students and faculty regarding logistical issues.
This position will be primarily located at St. Barnabas Hospital (4422 Third Avenue, Bronx, NY), with one or two days per week at the CUNY School of Medicine (located on the campus of the City College of New York in Harlem, 160 Convent Avenue).
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
Experience working in higher education or hospital administration preferred. The successful candidate will have the ability to work on multiple deadlines and projects with self-sufficiency, and be able to interact and communicate successfully with diverse student and faculty populations.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides administrative and program support to an administrative or academic department.
- Oversees department operations and assists management in planning department activities, creating schedules, assigning staff and preparing and delivering department communications.
- Works with appropriate offices related to personnel recruitment, expediting search activities
- Research coordinates and organizes materials for key events such as promotion and tenure reviews.
- Supervises and trains support staff and student workers.
- Manages budget and coordinates purchasing, accounting, and payroll.
- Provides instructions and basic advice to students, faculty, and others seeking information on department activities, policies, and schedules.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (16854) or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
Open until filled, with initial review of applications to begin June 26, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Job Title: Administrative Specialist - Clinical Medicine (St. Barnabas Hospital/CUNY School of Medicine)
Job ID: 16854
Full/Part Time: Full-Time