Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Full-Time)
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- On Court teaching and player development
- Monitoring student athletes' academic progress
- Coordinating team travel
- Extensive daily administration duties assigned by the head coach
- Games and game travel
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's degree
- Required Training/Cert: Pass NCAA compliance test within 90 days of employment
- Experience in coaching and playing basketball required
- Recruiting experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the sport of women's basketball
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations
- Must have exceptional leadership skills
- Valid, insurable driver's license is required, with ability to travel
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the schedule dictates
This is a full-time, exempt benefits level position, not limited to 40 hours, and your schedule will be flexible to the needs of the department with regular office hours to include 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.