Assistant Manager / Bar Manager
Fontana's Italian restaurant, located in the heart of Silicon Valley for over 30 years, is seeking a motivated, passionate Bar Manager/Assistant Manager. The right candidate will be a strong leader, a team builder, have a firm understanding of liquor and wine programs including costing, inventory management and menu development. Additionally, must have the ability to manage labor costs while maintaing a strong balance between FOH and BOH responsibilities.
Individual will be responsible for overseeing the Bar & Wine operations. Works with the FOH team to maintain the highest standards of service while executing strategies to improve bottom-line sales.
The ideal candidate must possess the following traits:
• A passion for creating an "Exceptional Guest Experience."
• A coaching style that motivates others to achieve organizational, restaurant and individual goals
• Possess a work ethic that seeks to exceed expectations
• Demonstrates judgment and decision making by identifying relevant issues in complex situations; and seeks information and assistance from appropriate sources
• Effective Communication Skills
• Organizational Skills
• Attention to Detail
•Multi-tasker, Knows what is going on at every table with every step of service.
•You are a "doer" who is involved in every aspect of floor service.
•Insures exceeding expectations for every guest, from Greeting, Name Face Recognition, to Thanking and Inviting Return.
•A Coach and Trainer who leads and follows through on all standards of Service and Food.
•Punctual, you exceed standards you set for others.
•Experience with Banquets and Catering with a strong emphasis on driving in new business/clients.
•Experienced on Aloha POS (FOH/BOH) and OpenTable required.
•Manages scheduling to achieve great service and to meet labor cost goals.
•Extensive experience with Word and Excel for use with: Schedules, Training Procedures, Menu and Specials, Inventories, Internet Promos, and Guest Thank You's
•Must posess strong Office, Paperwork and Cash Handling skills with a great attention to detail.
• Food Handlers Card / Servsafe Certification
• Knowledge of local purveyors and farms is recommended
• Fluent in Spanish is a plus
•You complete all tasks accurately, beating deadlines. You don't leave till problems are resolved.
•You normally work 10+ hours per day / 50+ hours per week including nights and weekends.
Compensation: Salary (based on experience) and Health Benefits
Fontana's Italian restaurant, located in the heart of Silicon Valley for over 30 years.
Mon, 5 Jun 2017 15:30:41 PDT