Director of Marketing and Recruitment
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-05-2017
The Director of Marketing and Recruitment assumes primary responsibilities for designing, developing and administering a comprehensive and effective marketing and recruitment plan for the college in support of all undergraduate and graduate programs. Leading a team effort through collaboration with program Directors and academic advisors will prove critical to advancing college initiatives in this area. This role is pivotal in enhancing the visibility of the college through overseeing the College's web and social media presence and attendance at targeted college recruitment events.
1. Master's Degree in communications, public relations, business administration, marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
2. Proven ability to develop and execute marketing, and strategic communications plans to effect outcomes.
3. Educational or vocational experience as a communications professional in the areas of marketing management, recruitment, advertising, public relations, or related area, with proven ability to develop and execute marketing, and strategic communications plans preferably in higher education.
4. Demonstrated leadership competency and ability to work effectively with senior leadership team.
5. Superior writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
6. Attention to detail and the capacity to handle multiple projects concurrently.
7. Highly evolved teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to develop productive working relationships with multiple internal and external constituencies.
8. The ability to represent the College with a high degree of professionalism.
9. An understanding of how to leverage the college website to maximize its marketing potential.
10. The ability to merge web and print mediums into a cohesive marketing strategy.
11. Expertise in the use of image editing software.
12. Familiarity with the basics of hypertext markup language (html) underlying modern web pages.
13. Effective writing skills for targeting web audiences.
14. The ability to use Google Analytics to run reports on visits to the college website.
15. Fluency in converting text from various file formats (Word, PDF, etc.) into web-page accessible form.
16. Experience using a web content management system (e.g., OUCampus, WordPRess).
17. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's Degree in communications, public relations, business administration, marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience preferably in an institution of higher education.
2. Knowledge of publishing and design standards/ software. Knowledge of social media analytics. Alternatively, candidates may hold a degree in nursing with relevant experience. Successful supervisory and staff development experience preferred.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.