Finance Coordinator - Financial Accounting
This position will report to the Director of Accounting at The City College of New York. In addition to the overview duties, the Finance Coordinator will perform the following tasks including, but not limited to:
- Reconciliation, accounts analysis and reporting on general ledger accounts of various entities and operations for the College.
- Preparation of schedules and reports in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the U.S. for both internal and external users
- Assistance with annual budget preparations.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience in auditing and accounting with non-profit organizations and/or government units
- Strong analytical, evaluative and research skills
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong proficiency using computers and software programs, especially on Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Ablia MIP, and Financial Edge
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Performs financial analysis and administrative work related to College or unit accounting.
- Prepares, reconciles and distributes expenditure and related accounting reports
- Creates and maintains various spreadsheets related to financial analysis
- Processes and tracks transactional entries
- Provides support in the administration of various business operations
- Coordinates with various departments on accounting matters
- Monitors systems and operations to assure a smooth workflow
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
June 19, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Finance Coordinator - Financial Accounting
Job ID: 16761
Full/Part Time: Full-Time