PROMISE Director of Supported Employment
Posting Number NC768P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/20795
Working Title PROMISE Director of Supported Employment
Position Number 16278
Department Rehab, Human Resources, & Comm.Disorders
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Arkansas PROMISE is a federally-funded research project to improve the educational and employment outcomes of youth receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. Arkansas PROMISE has enrolled 2000 youth ages 14-16. 1000 were randomly assigned to the program group, and 1000 were randomly assigned to the usual services group. For the program group, Arkansas PROMISE provides intensive case management, two paid work experiences, monthly training events for youth and families, benefits counseling, and other services for the youth and one adult in the youth's household. The PROMISE project is scheduled to provide this intervention through September 2018. No additional services are provided to the usual services group.
Department Home Page http://promise.uark.edu
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Director of Supported Employment will provide direct support to youth, parents, job coaches, local workforce agencies, PROMISE staff, and summer work experience employers to achieve the best supported employment outcomes for PROMISE participants. The Director will organize and execute technical assistance and regular regional training with staff and providers as well as large annual trainings for representatives of the various PROMISE partner agencies. The Director will track outcomes and develop required reports for federal agencies.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in rehabilitation, social work, special education, psychology, or a related field
- At least two years of experience providing supported employment services to people with disabilities
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- At least four years of experience working in Arkansas providing supported employment services to people with disabilities
- At least two years of experience delivering services under a federal or state award
- At least two years of experience reporting on outcomes to a federal or state agency
- Documented training or certifications in the field of supported employment or employment of people with disabilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations regarding employment of people with disabilities
- Leadership skills relevant to coordinating inter-agency partnerships and positively supporting youth, families, and service providers
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows OS
- Ability to learn new software and technology systems
- Ability to manage time efficiently to meet project goals
- Ability to work as part of a team to execute events
- Ability to work flexible hours in the evenings and weekends
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (schedule may vary based on department needs)
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Field Work, will have office space in an existing leased location in our service area
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? Yes
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
- MVR (Motor Vehicle Registry) check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, and MVR check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date 06/06/2017
Close Date 06/20/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date 08/01/2017
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments) 09/30/2018
Recruitment Contact Information
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Funding for this position is scheduled to end on 9/30/2018.
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's or higher degree in rehabilitation, social work, special education, psychology, or a related field?
- * Do you have at least two years of experience providing supported employment services to people with disabilities?
- * Do you have at least four years of experience working in Arkansas providing supported employment services to people with disabilities?
- * Do you have at least two years of experience delivering services and reporting on outcomes under a federal or state award or agency?
- * Do you have documented training or certifications in the field of supported employment or employment of people with disabilities? (If so, please upload such documentation along with other application materials).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of three Professional References (name, title, email address and contact number)
- Other Document
- Proof of Veterans Status