Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Position Title: Department of Social, Cultural, and Justice Studies, Assistant Professor of
Position # 50116873
The Department of Social, Cultural, and Justice Studies at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Criminal Justice/Criminology, which will begin on January 1, 2018. Salary for this position is $55,000 commensurate with experience. Information about benefits may be found at utc.edu/human-resources/benefits
Successful candidates will possess the following requirements:
- Ph.D. in Criminal Justice or Criminology (ABDs will be considered, but must have completed doctorate before start date); JD degree alone is not acceptable.
- Ability to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate (masters) levels. Candidates must exhibit teaching and research expertise with particular emphasis in the areas of research methodology, statistics, and/or administration of justice.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and conduct research in an interdisciplinary, merged department.
- Candidates should also be willing to engage in a variety of instructional modalities, including online instruction.
- Willingness to engage in assisting UTC campus in its ability to reach additional goals as specified by UTC’s Strategic Plan.
Applicants should prepare to submit the following information within our online application system for consideration:
- Cover letter/letter of interest
- CV, including up-to-date, personal contact information (email, phone, etc.)
- A list of names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses for three (3) references
- Unofficial transcripts for graduate degree(s)
Review of applicants will begin on August 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the UTC Faculty Career Site by visiting: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/utc_faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=17000000R8
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an engaged, metropolitan university with opportunities for community partnerships. We seek candidates who can meaningfully contribute to the intercultural goals and diversity of the university.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.