Restaurant Manager - Victorville, Apple Valley, Hesperia - Inland Empire
Are you Craving a Career? Ready for Growth?
COME SEE WHY PANDA MIGHT BE THE RIGHT PLACE!
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Our continued growth in this location has created new career opportunities for Management, Crew Members, and Kitchen Team Members!!! Come join us!
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
Manager is the key person in the restaurant, h/she ensures that the restaurant operate profitably while maintaining its reputation. To deliver strong PGF results, and to live the commitments to the company in fulfilling its 2020 Vision.
a) Deliver strong People results
- Hire, train, re-train and evaluate the team based on the roles & responsibilities as defined and we, as a team, aligned with
- Ensure all staff understand their roles & responsibilities and how they can contribute to the restaurant
- Ensure all staff are committed to high standards of performance
- Ensure staff understand and embrace the company's pathway to 2020 vision- Mission, Values, Panda Way, Panda Environment
- Delegate and hold staff accountable to their roles & responsibilities
- To stay attentive to the staff and motivate them to succeed and improve. Keep staff in high spirit and be as helpful to the guests and each other
- Act in a fairly and equitably- Provide constant and immediate acknowledgement and constructive feedback to the staff
- Ensure timely performance reviews. Provide and execute improvement plans, disciplinary plan and exit plan if necessary
- Keep staff well informed of all operational updates and directions. Conduct regular meetings/pre-shift meetings
- Maintain a strong pipeline of promotable associates who meet the next level's requirement
- Promote associate to the next level based on the next level's requirement
- Role model for the staff in delivering exceptional guests experience. Able to deliver the same requirements that we ask of the staff
- Respond to guests comments/complaints as an opportunity to build guest loyalty. Empower the management team and staff to act in similar capacity
- Address guests concern as quickly as possible
- Pay detail attention to the ambiance- Lighting, music, furniture and fixtures, dinnerware, utensil quality, placement , cleanliness and order of the dining rooms, staff appearance and grooming
- Pay detail attention to the service and food quality, food presentation and portion
- Ensure that Company QSC standards are always maintained, likewise Company safety standards & procedures
- Constant exchange of ideas and collaborate with Concept Director on improving all sales and operations opportunities to increase its profits margin
- Monitor & control labor costs through effective labor scheduling, training & retention of staff
- Maintain control of all cash handling; ensure accurate & timely cash deposits; monitor cash handling by staff to confirm that Company procedures are followed
- Make the restaurant popular in the community and surrounding areas
- Pay detail attention to voids, order without keying in, cash handling activities, shrinkage and waste in the restaurant
We offer all full time Managers:
- Progressive Compensation Package and Excellent Bonus Opportunity
- 9 or more Weeks of Comprehensive Training to prepare you for success
- On-Going Career & Leadership Development
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401 K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Associate Discounts (Panda Express, Hibachi San, Panda Inn plus Theme Parks) and free meals when you work
- College degree in Hospitality, Food Service, Business or equivalent experience
- 5 years or more in managing a full-service restaurant; or equivalent experience for the General Manager position
- 1-2 years experience for the Assistant Manager position
ADA Statement: While performing duties, counter areas are often hot with steam from steam table and food vapors. Work space is restricted and employees are expected to remain standing for long periods of time. Employees must prepare hot and cold foods, use Chinese cook knife and other kitchen equipment and work quickly without losing accuracy. Employees may be required to lift up to 50 lbs., stand up to four hours and reach across counter tops measured at 36 inches to serve customers. Kitchens are hot and noise levels are usually high; storage space is limited and shelving is high.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Panda Restaurant Group is the world leader in Asian dining experiences. Established in 1983, PRG includes the original Panda Inn concept, Panda Express, and Hibachi-San. At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Here, you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Apple Valley, CA
Mon, 5 Jun 2017 09:43:28 PDT