COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
JOB NO.: 91032-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Department: CALS/COOP, UW CTR FOR
Categories: Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91032-AS
Working Title: Cooperative Development Specialist
Official Title: OUTREACH SPECIALIST(S92DN) or ASSOC OUTREACH SPEC(S92FN)
Hiring Department: A071200-COL OF AG & LIFE SCIENCES/COOP, UW CTR FOR
FTE: 50% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in a related field required. Master's degree preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in community outreach, economic development, and/or working with diverse stakeholders in the development of new businesses.
- Knowledge of business planning, marketing, and feasibility analysis; business operating and financing practices; organizational structures; and business development principles and practices.
- High degree of competency using Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of cooperatives preferred but not required.
- Experience working in multicultural settings.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
This position will support the outreach program of the University of Wisconsin Center for Cooperatives, with a focus on cooperative development. Responsibilities will include assisting start-up cooperative groups, providing education to new and established cooperatives, supporting grant preparation, and providing input on Center outreach activities. The successful candidate will be part of a team that supports new cooperative businesses through technical assistance, education and outreach services.
-Occasional travel is required.
-Title prefix is dependent on relevant work experience.
- This position has a flexible FTE range between 50% and 100%. Ideally, this position will begin at 60%; however, it may be possible for this position to move to 100% in the future.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See http://www.wisconsinrelay.com/">RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
Click the "Apply Now" button above to start the application process. As part of the online application, you will be asked to upload a cover letter and current resume or CV. Be sure to reference your experience related to the position in your application materials.
Additional Link: http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/weblisting/External/PVLSummaryPrint.aspx?pvl_num=91032 Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The https://uwpd.wisc.edu/content/uploads/2016/09/ASR16-Final-Draft-093016.pdf">Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 05 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 22 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time